Korean Fried Chicken - WTH??

My town apparently has the only god-awful KFC joint in the world. A Bonchon, but not like any Bonchon anywhere else (even other locations in the Boston area). I guess they must be franchising and these owners clearly didn’t pay any attention during class. I’m not even sure how it is physically possible to have soggy KFC. You can leave Bonchon KFC in the fridge for 3 days and it is still crispy.

Just got an alert from Shake Shack that they are doing Korean Style fired chick’n sandwiches and Korean Gochujang Chick’n “Bites” for a limited time. Guess I know what lunch is later this week.

Is there any reason the believe Shake Shack will do Korean Fried Chicken well? I’m sure it will be fine, but Shake Shack hasn’t impressed me enough to make it worth preferentially choosing them for their specialty - hamburgers. Although, I will admit I’ve only had their food 3 or 4 times.

1 Like

Well, I bet it will be closer to good KFC than the McRib is to good BBQ :slight_smile: That I’m sure of. I will be getting some this weekend as there is a Shack up the road and will report back.

Well, I guess we know what you wouldn’t choose.
67DB6095-E375-47AA-9D64-508A777C6D80.jpeg

Their burgers are good but nothing remarkable. I prefer both the fried chicken sandwich and the Shackago dog.

So they might to Korean FC well.

Well, I did enjoy Mork and Mindy… and Good Will Hunting so that is points for Robin Williams… Dirty Dancing and Roadhouse get points too… so kind of a toss up in the end [wink.gif]

1 Like