Krug

Now for the rebuttal. I thought it was just like the last time I had it and like Michael described it, tight, acidic and lacking fruit. I felt the 164 was similar just more yeasty. I would drink '08 Comtes/DP/Cristal/Rare over this any day and given the relative prices, that’s what I will be doing.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple bottles of 96 lately; they were great but paled in comparison to Taittinger or Salon.

02 Krug is superb right now; too bad it’s so expensive. I am sadly looking through my email and seeing offers of 02 krug mags for 600 less than a year ago.

Or just keep buying Krug MV, as 169 was selling for $159, which was a better price than I could find for Dom 12 in Dallas.

Krug 169eme for $159? Where? I see it at $190 or more.

Envoyer has 08 for only 759…

I never got a single offer for 08. They sold all the meager quantities in backroom deals to flippers. And then held back the Lion’s Share for future tranches at much higher prices. They took a frothy market and just added rocket fuel, blasting the pricing through the stratosphere.

Did you ever see Kelly’s Heros? To paraphrase Oddball: Man I just can’t handle those negative vibes!

1 Like

SPEAKING OF TOOLS

SIMPLE, DON’T BUY IT

IF THEY FIND A BUYER, THEN THAT’S MARKET PRICE. ARE YOU AWARE HOW THAT WORKS?

2 Likes

YEP, BECAUSE OF COURSE YOU KNOW WHAT EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT EARLY IS DOING WITH THEIRS.

JAWLB

[cry.gif]

2 Likes

Aww

2 Likes

fify

Guess you’re pissed at Dom Perignon too for adding rocket fuel by holding back vintages to release later as P2 and P3, blasting the pricing through the stratosphere.

Perhaps Krug should’ve just released 08s in magnum and forced you to pay $8k in a box with 2 each of back vintages

1 Like

Sensitive much?

whiny LB much?

After receiving an offer today for 02 Krug at $675, I was seriously considering buying a few bottles at $595. After all I offered $525 which isn’t that far off. But it seems those bottles are spoken for.

You can interpret it how you want, but I wasn’t complaining. They found a hole and are exploiting it. That’s business. I’m just stating how I see it and from a business perspective I don’t like that style of business.

For me it doesn’t matter much because I can take or leave Champs. I’m lucky enough to have enough 08 DP and Cristal to last nearly a lifetime for how infrequently I drink it, so I’ll just keep drinking that and wait for the market to shift and buy up some Krug and Salon and whatever else at that point.

This type of polite discourse is really unbecoming for Wineberserkers. Please try to irrationally take offense and hurl some insults.

2 Likes

Was that a joke?
[snort.gif]

[rofl.gif]

Mixed reviews, at best, on the 2008 Krug and yet an offer this morning sold out at $800. Madness

1 Like