LA beer help

Is bottle logic worth the drive?

big fan of their stouts (FO, etc)… but they are a 40 mins drive from Monkish…
do they have a good tap room where u can try the rare stuff?

Will make me feel right at home [highfive.gif]

I went there a few years ago and liked many of their beers but loved none of them. Many of their beers were “weird.” I had zero interest in ever returning … that is until I just checked their tap list. Apparently, they have gone full steam ahead on the NEIPA craze, and I don’t see the endless offerings of beers that have weird flavoring ingredients. I would check them out again. That’s a long way of saying, “I don’t know.”

If you do go down there Noble Aleworks is worth a stop.

I’d say it is, depending on what’s on tap.
But the room is not big, and no food, they do have food trucks - the day I was there the food truck never showed up which made a few people including me unhappy.

That drive could be well over an hour depending on time of day. If you do go make sure to stop into Greencheek brewing right around the corner. Evan Price is doing very good things there, IMO do not waste your time going to Noble, they are a shell of their former self after Evan left to start Greencheek.

Cheers,

Bud

Ohwaitwhat?!?? When did Evan leave Noble?!? To be fair, the last beer I had of theirs was a collabo woth El.Segundo that was off-the-charts good. But that was a while ago.

Brian, Evan opened Green Cheek two years ago so it’s been roughly 2 1/2 years since he was last at Noble.

Cheers,

Bud

No shit … well, I’ll be …

That ESBC collabo.was definitely in the last year; admittedly, I dont know who took the lead in brewing it.

No.

Mike, how were your beer travels in Los Angeles ? Interested on your perspective of our burgeoning local beer scene.

Cheers,

Bud

My son and I had our non beer drinking spouses with us so we only made it to Monkish and MT. the beers were very good across the board.The goods news is his company’s US headquarters are in Irvine and he goes down every quarter for meetings.We will have a guys only trip soon.

If you do go to bottle logic in Anaheim, also check out The Bruery and Green Cheek. If you’re a fan of sours, check out Hoparazzi