Ladd Cellars Pinot Noir and Chardonnay for BerserkerDay VI

Another Ladd PSA: I’m up to date with response to folks…so if you haven’t gotten email from me, send me a PM and we’ll work it out.

And thanks for the great response!

Good question. The mixed pack covers more vintages…so it’s a broader exposure…and from vintages that were warmer than 11 (all vintages were warmer than 11). That said, I think the 11s are amazing wines…in a lower ripeness (tho not unripe imo) kind of way. A lot of it will come down to what your preferences are? What are some of your favorite wines and/or regions?

Eric,

Give me a pinot with juicy red fruit but with a watery mouthfeel and I’m happy. Like to enjoy them this year rather than cellaring, atleast for the first go around… But really want to walk away with enough data to know if I should ask you out for a second date. [wow.gif]

Cheers,

Lou

Just spoke with Eric and he’s trying to ship some orders starting next week, assuming limited to the west / southwest since 50% of the country is covered with snow as of today.

Well, if he doesn’t cash my check pretty soon I’m gonna spend that money on something else, like hookers and blow! [snort.gif]

anyone have Eric’s Oakland address so I can send him his check?

Hey Peter, I’ll email you the info.

I’m shipping to most places, except the cold areas up north…and expect I’ll be shipping there shortly (end of March, depending on snow/cold).

Have you starting shipping to CA yet Eric?

Curious about this also. If not, Eric, I can also pick it up from you directly if possible. Sent you an email a few days ago.

Got my wine today in VA. Can’t wait to try them. Thanks, Eric!

Has anyone in the northeast received their BD wines from Ladd or heard from Eric recently?

No on both counts.

Sorry, I’ll be shipping out next week. I had planned on doing that this last week, but it was warmer in Ca than I liked. But weather this week looks good. I’ll send email to you individually to confirm all this, and give you a chance to say yah or nay.

Thanks!

<tapping fingers, waiting for email … >

The weather forecast for So Cal next week looks surprisingly mild… looks like a good time to ship, probably won’t get much better until the fall.

I wanted to put in a good word for Eric here. He’s a real fanatic when it comes to making sure the wines are properly treated during the shipping process. We had traded e-mails about when would be a good time to ship and finally decided this week looked good for Southern California. The wines arrived this morning at my office. I opened the box to check the temperature and the ones on top were chilly to the touch so I quickly put back the insulation and closed up the box again.

I opened the box just now to put them in the wine fridge and they were still very cool, much cooler than I would have expected. The wines are protected by styrofoam which is wrapped with some sort of insulating material that I suppose must provide even more protection. Normally by now they would have warmed up more, so I was really pleased. Thanks, Eric! [cheers.gif]

Any word on when those of us in the northeast will be getting our wines? Thanks.

Edit- Just got an Email from Eric looking for OK to ship.

Arrived by UPS this past Tuesday - thanks Eric [cheers.gif]
ladd.JPG

but did you receive your wine yet? I haven’t.