Large Burg Houses

I was describing my view of the reds, but I also think the whites are richer than Drouhin’s whites. I very much like whites by both Bouchard and Drouhin but own more Bouchard whites because they such good values.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

I think it depends on what part of their lineup you are tasting. The lower end is not oaky and certainly not anything like California. I noticed that the 2016 Mercurey Clos Du Roy “Les Favorites” had a lot more oak than the regular version, so I suspect they are making higher end wines with more oak and expecting them to be aged longer.

The whole Mercurey line from Faiveley is worth trying. If your taste runs to Burgundy it’s hard to find better $25-30 Pinots than their Mercurey and Clos Rond. The Myglands and Clos du Roy are real stars at about $45.

gotta be worth a shot at that price at least!

Well said I concur. I prefer Bouchard for whites and Drouhin for reds. They are the best of Maisons for me. Bouchard’s Monty, Chevy, MP, MG are incredible wines, just like Drouhin’s Musigny or Chambolle Amoureuses or Clos de Beze. Just a personal preference.

I was surprised as well, by Jadot’s Gevrey Lavaut and Estournelles in 2016, they were extremely impressive! Bought a few as well (first time Jadot buys). And I agree regarding Faiveley.