Last Minute: Offline, NYC, June 13

I plan to bring a Karl Lawrence 1994, and some other 1994 Napa as back-up.

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to seeing you Diane, it’s been too long.

Just occurred to me - what is glassware like at Northsquare? Any need to bring?

I am looking forward, as well, Jay.

Bring plastic straws. Oh, wait, are they banned here now?

Glassware should be more than adequate. They have had no problems doing multiple glasses per person for tasting dinners in the past.

Thanks Brent! I’m so used to Chinatown offlines these days that it’s second nature for me to bring but it’s always nice not to.

Correct. Extra stems not necessary.
I was able to contact the person that sets up my Flyertalk wine dinners. North Square has waived the corkage. [cheers.gif]

Thank goodness, since I didn’t travel with any stems from CA!

Apologies in advance for the drama but I twisted my ankle this afternoon and will be showing up on crutches :frowning:

That’s awful, Jay. Your determination to attend tonight’s dinner shows your dedication to reducing your inventory. :wink:

Not much sediment when double decanting the Fourrier. Will head out shortly

Dan Hammer and I are running a little late…

Would you like us to order for you?

Rich, thanks for setting this up. It was great meeting you, and great seeing everyone. Jay, I hope you made it home safely on crutches.

Fun times, great venue. It’s always nice to meet more folks and see some familiar faces. [cheers.gif]

I agree with Diane and Brent. While we drink a lot of wine at these dinners, it’s always about the good company first, followed by the food and wine. North Square always delivers. I thought the Karl Lawrence was WOTN, followed by the schrader. I’m more of a California guy than a French drinker, so forgive me. [cheers.gif]

Thanks everyone for a great night. It really is a wonderful experience to get the chance to talk, taste and learn from everybody. Definitely left with a few takeaways and new wines to explore.

Thank you all for coming out, it was really fun to meet everyone!

I agree with you Dan, the ‘94 Karl Lawrence was showing fantastically. I also loved the 2001 Rieussec. Too bad for us that both of the Pichon Lalandes were off.