Leroy Savignys

(btw: “recently” was 30 years ago …)
I agree with Cros Parantoux, but Malconsorts is imho not superior to Beaumonts nor to Brulees … not even considering 2 to 3 fine producers besides the 2-3 underachievers.

So in your opinion Vosne-Romanee has two superior 1er Crus (CP+M), two “lesser” 1erCrus (Beaumonts and Brulees) -
and the rest is crap? Or are Reignots, Petits-Monts, Suchots, Gaudichots among the “lesser” ?
[scratch.gif]

Hardly crap, but the pedigree is superior to Savigny. That is the point. I am not trying to compare Vosne to vosne. You are being argumentative. Yes perhaps splitting hairs, but there is a reason Dujac Malconsorts is more $ than Beaumonts. Same producer, more of an apples to apples comp. Not get off my lawn…and yes 30 years is the blink of an eye in Burgundy btw

Pedigree can lead to disappointment . . . there are plenty of sites that under perform.

Really nice video William, thank you.

Missed opportunity, indeed.

1 Like

I opened a 1999 Maison Leroy Serpentieres 2 nights ago at a dinner party I was hosting, ready now with balanced fruit in a lighter style and a slightly rocky finish, if I was scoring it would have got an 89 and if I had to guess which producer it came from I would think Pierre Guillemot (it sort of had the house style).

3 Likes