life in Piedmont in 1 month

and then the eu will let americans in???

Highly doubtful. Maybe from some blue states on the coast as political leverage, but even that’s a stretch. I’m not expecting to be allowed into Europe until 2021.

Just read this thread for the first time. I am STUNNED that someone was looking to travel, and is involved in the health care industry, I think.

And we wonder why the virus is exploding all across our country. Stunningly stupid or selfish people in this country.

Yes, I believe OP is a Dr.
Doubt he can get to Italy though I do not know his passport status.

i attended a friend’s sons wedding this morning in italy. it was beautiful!
it was also via zoom… [cheers.gif]

@Philip - Did you make it over there? If so, how’s it been? Friends in country have been noting things are slowly getting back to normal.

No. Manzi put me on the no fly list.

Have fewer connections in Italy but the word coming back from France is that things are almost back to normal. Henry posted a picture of a event in Germany which he felt had the same vibe as in the pre-Covid era

Steve is generous that way.

Hi Phil,

That pic was in Groningen Netherlands, the nearest city across the border. Here in ze Chermany we wear our masks and clean our hands and keep our distance.

Sorry, I guess I misinterpreted your picture. It still seems in general things are recovering much more rapidly in Europe than here in the USA where at least in Santa Barbara County things are relapsing in the wrong direction. We should plan on the Clos Vougeot Festival next summer, if anyone from the NY Met is still alive

I am dying for it, especially after this year’s failure. Have to see what my schedule will be then. We only have a tentative half-season plan now (up to Dec. 31).

We’re going to be in Alba in late September with no car. Has anyone used Alba Wine Tours? TIA

No, though there are taxis in Alba and typically there are some at the station most of the time. It is very feasible to have a tasting day in Barbaresco where the taxi drops you off and picks you up at the end of the day (and it’s not an expensive taxi ride). In-between, Shank’s pony is a perfectly enjoyable way to get from winery to winery (with a little planning). FWIW the best eating around Barbaresco I’ve had is in Treiso (all options good, just different), though I’m told Neive has good places as well. Barbaresco itself has had a few too many disappointments.

Barolo is further away, and perhaps makes better sense to engage a driver, especially if wanting to visit wineries in/around multiple villages