List of Hand Blown Glasses

Haha, my parents bought copious quantities of Paul Masson wines growing up where my mother would then save the carafe. I think I’m now jaded against that shape. I mostly use chemistry containers too.

Maybe I should just sell chemistry flasks on my website haha.

Just replaced the 2 Grassl 1855’s I broke today. I like the discount that Chris gave for previous buyers. These are my go to glasses for all reds. I just need to be more gentle when hand cleaning.

same happened to me this weekend… but wasn’t my fault…

Yep.

[cheers.gif]

Great ideas. I will work on these. I love your suggestion #3. Maybe we can crowdsource some of these data.

David,

Hopefully this helps. https://www.lehmann-sa.com/en/glass/collection/jamesse-prestige.html

Can anyone explain how they blow glass with the hand? Interesting!

My guess is it is blown (with any technique be it man-blown or machine assisted) and turned and manufactured by hand.

BTW: these hand-made glasses can be very thin, much thinner than machine-made ones and they do indeed give a much better feeling for the wine and tasting experience through the lips…some might say this is esoteric…but it isn’t.

Sometimes they’re called mouth-blown which might be the better way to describe. We have some diagrams on our website that might be helpful to you!

David,

I have to confess that my question was purely rhetoric.

:joy:

ordered a four pack. thank you for discount,David !

Great resource for the Conterno. $75 with $25 going to COVID-19 restaurant employee charities.
Help them sell out.
https://www.rarewineco.com/offers/conterno-sensory-glass-schott-zwiesel/

How a glass is blown can be seen on our Corp site www.grasslglass.com

Very cool, thanks for sharing

The Sommier series are stunning. Looks like they are only available across the pond though… The sophienwald glasses are pretty darn similar in size/shape.

Ordered from Macy’s earlier this year. Not sure if still available. I have the champagne, red wine and white wine, yes they are dramatic on the tabletop.

the beauty and artistry for making each hand blown glass… that we then break by looking at. lol! (not specifically grassl, just in general)

And, expensive caviar is a rip-off. Not specifically yours, just in general.

Incredible.