Looking at two new functions with software update (POLL)

I was thinking the opposite on the post-specific like button. I often appreciate a point made or information provided, but pause to consider whether others will be annoyed on opening a thread only to see that the “new post” is just a “thanks for posting.” I usually do anyway, but I could understand someone being mildly miffed after opening a couple of threads only to see “thanks.”

If the like/dislike are for threads instead of posts, I can’t see the purpose

I’m not sure pepole understand the social share function… it just makes social share easier…
u can already just cut/paste a website link to your social post (like to facebook) if you wanted to… i don’t get why people don’t want to make it easier?

This is the most annoying thing on WB to me. Every time I go to the website on my phone, I have to log in. Never happens on my computer or with other websites on my phone. So while the browser may play a role, it’s probably not the only thing…

Especially sucks if you paid for GCC and have to log in, then click on Wine Talk every single time just to avoid ads…

not true. for those that have this issue, you can test it by trying on a new browser, someone else’s computer that has never gone to this site, etc. Very easy to reproduce. I just live with it now and it’s one extra click since all browsers save and pre-fill your info now, so hardly an issue.

^^this^^

::likebutton::

1 Like

Agree with this. I use another non-wine forum and I find the ability to like a post is helpful, particularly as it makes it easy to simply agree with a post, instead of a bunch of additional posts saying +1, thanks or repeating the first good response in slightly different words. Keeps it tidy and allows subsequent posts to be more focused on additional commentary or disagreement.

I do note there is no dislike option and that makes sense to me. If you disagree, it adds to the conversation to know why.

Liking a post within a thread has no impact other than you can see how many people and who liked it.

here’s a great feature request: make all embedded links open in a new tab like most other sites. it actually used to be hard coded here but changed at some point.

you can just directly link to a thread with a copy and paste now. Not sure how it’s different other than making it a couple steps easier

Instead of having to Copy/Paste a link from WB then move to your social media. It’ll just do it without having to copy/paste swap and swap to a new webpage.

Could be. But I kind of like the idea of being able to give a thumbs up to a post without having to actually add another post and clutter up the thread with “nice note”, etc. No biggie either way, though.

Honestly, I despise social media of all types. While i recognize one could use the copy and paste method, making it easier for my posts to show up on someone’s social media is quite unpleasant to me. If this feature is added, it will affect my posting.

+1111
Yes. I must’ve misunderstood. Who needs like/dislike for a thread?
Like/dislike should be on a post level.

I more or less feel the same. I come here because it’s a community of people I enjoy interacting with. I don’t necessarily want it to become another funnel to instagram or fb, though I would hope that would benefit Todd somehow, and probably a few posters who would utilize it.

Another feature idea: a “douche” button for when I don’t want to block someone (“foe”) but also want to remind myself who I’m dealing with… pileon

-like-

I can see your point, but you haven’t changed my mind.

As for the like/dislike being post-specific or thread-specific: I assumed it was post-specific. I agree with you 100% regarding “not seeing the purpose” of the like/dislikes only being thread-specific, if that’s the case.

I’m with David on this (see above), but have thought of a potential compromise that will at least somewhat appease folks with our viewpoint: is there anyway to make it known to us WB users if any given thread has been “shared” on Social Media? This would allow users to delete their posts in that thread, if they so desire.

The “Foe” function can be used in precisely that manner. The physical act of clicking on “click here to show post,” or whatever the exact wording is, serves as a reminder that “what you’re about to see is likely to offend or irritate you in some way.”

Personally, I’d like to delete the post count on our published profile. I feel like a loser. :wink:. It really is a silly metric.

There is already Reddit.com/r/wine; it’s awful. The only social media I want to share to is CellarTracker.

So…Facebook conquers all?