Looking for a new everyday Pinot

Check out Concannon out of Livermore. Great Pinot

Not what you asked for, but thought I would offer it up just in case…
Aussie Marlborough Pinots. More mineral driven spicy red fruits. I’ve had a number of them from hard to find Whale Tail to Costco sourced Oyster Bay. Super weekday QPR Pinots.
I am also a big fan of Au Bon Climat.

Edit: New Zealand Marlborough

I believe the Marlborough region is in New Zealand.

Yes, sorry about that. My mistake.

I tasted one called “Carpe Diem,” unrecollected recent vintage that might fit the bill.

Banshee and J have wines in that range.

J, I can’t figure out. It is well done, but is muted, to me, but others like it. I’d be curious to see your opinion.

Hitching Post has some in your range.

I have a friend who has told me to look for “Field Recordings,” but I am yet to try it.

Is Goldeneye too mass produced?

A to Z is a great Oregon Pinot Noir for mid teens.

Bergstrom Pinot

I’ve got one more for you: Gypsy Dancer, an OR winery with really nice, elegant Pinot Noirs. Their Legacy is consistently good, showing great out of the gate and the others including Christine`s Cuvee, Cuvee Romy and Tribute are exceptional.

Be checking in on Gypsy Dancer. [cheers.gif]

Gypsy Dancer is, indeed, a very nice Pinot. We sold a lot of it in our shop ten years ago. But I’ve never seen it in the $20 area. Of course “every day” means different things to different people.

WTSO has featured the 2014 Christine`s Cuvee for $19.99 twice in the last couple of months. I buy directly from Christine.

BTW, this label was originally started by the late Gary Andrus, formerly Pine Ridge, Archery
Summit and world class skier, and is now being resurrected by his wife after Gary passed just over 9 years ago. I was a big fan of Gary personally and as a winemaker and bought everything he made much to my delight. His Pinot Gris is the best new world PG I’ve ever had, but his passion was to make great Pinot Noir and he accomplished that IMHO. Some of those who were proteges have carried on with recent releases and Christine has learned a bit as well and will be making her own wines soon.

Yes, I’ve notuced that with some interest and surprise. But the OP, Carrie Bowman, is looking for a <$20 retail Pinot to carry in their retail wine shop on a regular basis. If I could buy Christine’s for $20 on a regular basis near me I’d be very happy.

Good point and one that I overlooked after first responding with the more accurate answer- ABC`s SB County.

+1

Weeeiiird … these are the same two wines I was going to mention.

I will second the A to Z rec., if going outside CA is allowed.

I’ll check out the A to Z. We’ve found a lot of great affordable Pinots from Oregon.

We sold a lot of A to Z and Cloudline when we had our store during the post-Sideways Pinot rush. Both affordable and consistent.