Lots of Les Suchots, what's your favorite and why?

Yep. Sadly 2006 isn’t turning out that well.

1 Like

put that comment on every thread.

Yes I had the '15 and '16 recently. A bit monolithic and needs lots of air. Wouldn’t touch either for another decade, but I wouldn’t call it mind blowing either way.

1 Like

Gerard Mugneret, Berthaut Gerbet and Liger-Belair Suchots are all outstanding.

New to the board here. I don’t regularly drink Le Moine (though I do quite enjoy the Rotem & Mounir Saouma CDP) but I have a friend who has quite a large collection of it, who posits that the Suchots is routinely among the best of the Le Moine portfolio each release. Admittedly, it is one of the less expensive Suchots offerings.

FWIW… as A-L and L-B have become Unobtainium, with Cathiard heading in that direction.

yeah, I managed to get allocated 2 bottles of 2019 and 2020 Malconsorts, but none of the Suchots. :frowning:

So, I decided to pick up a couple of l’arlot 18s. The notes from wine critics were lean… red fruit, built to age. Ct looks good, but it looks like they inflated the scores. The price is right at under 200 bucks.

I’ll look for the 19s and if I can find them for the same price, I’ll pick them up. If not- I’m out

I loaded up on 2018 L’Arlot. I’ve had 4 bottles starting in 2020 and the latest just a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like for some reason I’ve never added a note to CT. It’s as good as advertised. The 93 CT ratings are classic Burg bias. It really is closer to the 95-96 range. Intoxicating perfume on the nose. Focused palate with red berries and layer upon layer of spices. Shows the full body of the vintage with some new oak that will do well with some years in the cellar.

I managed to get just one full case of the 2019 at 10% higher price. I had one this year and my note is on CT at 96 points.

1 Like

Word is 2020 is up for pre orders next month. WK’s note isn’t as exciting as it was for 18 and 19. @Andrew Have you been able to get any info on the new suchot?

I already bought some. Pre order in France. Also bought the RSV. Haven’t tried it yet, but some say it’s on par with the stellar '19.

2 Likes

I’m with you the Jerome Chezeaux puts out a top quality Suchots!

Sylvain Cathiard because he is a top producer . Arnoux now and Comte LB but too expensive .
Mugneret and Le Moine are top and still affordable

1 Like

20s for larlot came out about 100 bucks over the 18s. Ill pass on that and hope to find a bottle of 19 priced in between to try in the name of science

Huh? I bought 20s for the same price as 18 and 19. They are awesome for sure.

Ill setup a ws pro

Thanks

1 Like