Low on daily drinkers...Best QPR wines available online today

We’ve been exploring more Italian reds lately and I’ve found myself going back for Pio Cesare Barbera d’Alba multiple times over the past few weeks, around $18.

Had a 2017 Bedrock Old Vine Zin tonight. This is a top 2 daily drinking QPR for me. The other would be the Bedrock Syrah…YMMV…

Grenache based Spanish wines.
Lesser known appellation Southern Rhône’s like Ventoux, Venise or Vacqueyras.
Antinori Toscana
QPR varietal blends from producers like Jaffurs, Bedrock, Carlisle.

Following on, been drinking the little brother to the above, over a couple of nights: 2019 St Cosme ‘Little James Basket Press’ blanc [IGP d’Oc] 12.5% abv, and unlike the cepage above, this is a 50/50 blend of Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc, which to my tastes does not really have the taste of either grape. The label promises ‘fruit and fullness’ but has turned into a screwcap blanc blend, which does pair well with steelhead (with unpictured mint leaf chiffonade) and homemade hash browns. It’s good, but a little anonymous, and to show well, has to be really cool.
PXL_20210827_010007265.jpg
Lemony, medium bodied, and gluggable. I do like their Rhone vineyard blanc AOC better than this one, for a few bucks more. Pale, no sediment, should be consumed now IMO. On my scale, I’d give it a B. Good value, absent a crazy deal, would pass on repurchase.
PXL_20210827_021617771.jpg

Have you gotten into the Vietti Tre Vigne? One of my favorites at just under $15. Michele Chiarlos Le Orme (sp?) Is my go to under $10 red

Yes, we have enjoyed the Vietti Tre Vigne many times! Great suggestion!

1 Like