Lunch with 6 champagnes, 9 white Burgundy and 2 desert wines

I appreciate it Ray and feel blessed to have so many opportunities to post about so many wonderful wines.

Hopefully, the bottle we had was a variation from the norm. I`ll be interested in knowing how yours turns out Neal.

About like yours. Felt hollowed out. Some nice strawberry fruit on the attack but it empties out pretty much immediately. Very disappointing for a wine I had some hopes for (and own a half dozen of!)

Sorry to hear that Neal. I don’t know about Gillman, but I do know Brad and trust him impeccably so I’m wondering if he had a different batch?

It’s just possible it needs some time. I hope so

Be an interesting wine to follow, but a big let down for me at this stage.

Another fine post, no surprise Blake. Thanks to you, in part, I am well acquainted with Lanson :wink:

Haven’t had a white from Louis Nie but was super-impressed with a 2009 Pommard that I started my California trip with last year at Steve Anderson’s house in San Diego.

Did you decant or aerate any of the white burgs at all?

Hope you are keeping well during the summer

Mike

Hi Mike, having a great summer with plans for a great fall, winter,…

Appreciate your comments. No, we did not decant any of the white Burgs, but certainly the younger ones could have stood some more exposure to air assuming no premox which we did not have.