Lynx Grills

I recently bought one,5 grand.It has a regular burner,an infared burner and a rotisserie.I have had it repaired twice.I live in a windy area and the burners over heat the unit burning out the controls.This was not a problem with previous grills ie tec and dcs.I am not happy but maybe I’ll learn how to use it.

I’ll say it again…a ceramic grill and at 20% of the cost of a Lynx that appears to only bring frustration to it’s owners.

+1

I had one of these 15 years. It would not get hot enough to properly sear a steak. The igniter was a pos. Prefer my current Weber Genesis. In all honesty, would really prefer to cook on something like a Big Green Egg; however, as it is more work, I would not use it as often.

I loved that post for some reason.

Fellow charcoal kook here!

I have both a BGE and a large Weber gas grill. I use the Weber more often because it is convenient for grilling during the week when I do not get home until after 7 pm. The BGE tastes better, is more versatile, and is the go to grill on the weekends when I have more time. Why do I have both? A friend of mine was downsizing and gave me the Weber for free.

I just got a BGE – have not broken it in yet but will soon. I got it on sale with a number of promotional add ons, including the cookbook. I was amused that the cookbook had an Asian stirfry that I think calls for 3 minutes on the grill, then 1 minute. Really? Tell that is better on the BGE than just using your normal stove top. But I am looking forward to having a real grill again (we have been in a large apartment complex for the last 15 years – 10th floor – to die for views, but no grilling allowed on our ample patio. Now in a house, so looking forward to real grilling again, though I am quite, quite rusty!

My Napoleon igniters (all three) are still working after five or six years, I’ve lost count. Currently it takes 3-5 shots to get all three going.

Over not a bad grill (good build quality for the money) but it does not get super hot. That’s Ok for most of what we cook. Had Broil Kings previously that would, as someone just said, get super hot. But none of them lasted that long (rust) and were a bitch to clean, requiring removal of the burners (easy enough) and scraping the bottom (not easy) and reinserting the burners (super tricky) . Napoleon has a slide out steel sheet under the burners that catches everything, no need to remove burners.