Madrid, España

Make sure you report back.
My wife and I are going in May, so we appreciate everyone’s suggestions.

If you’re looking for Spanish Tortilla, Bodega de la Ardosa and Juana la Loco are two the best I’ve found in my last couple trips to Madrid. Also, Casa Gerardo for a mecca of cheese. All fairly casual spots with lots of room for standing. Though Juana la Loca can be a bit tough to get into.

Madrid episode of Somebody feed Phil he went to both of your first 2 spots. They both looked excellent. We’re in Madrid in a few weeks and this thread has so many great options. We’re staying at the Westin Palace.

I had a few days of work In Madrid and then my wife joined me for the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up on Angelita. I loved everything about it. I started with one of their custom cocktails down in the bar then dinner upstairs. Their team is so proud of the product they put out it’s really impressive how enthusiastic the service is. Excellent options to build your own tasting menu and it’s a silly value. Server was also spot on with what wines to pair with what dishes. Would definitely go back.

Thanks to all who suggested Taberna Laredo as well. We ate their for our final night. The burg selection and pricing is very good and the food was as well. The Spanish omelet and rice with Iberian Pork were outstanding. Lastly a work dinner at Dos Cieolos in their beautiful courtyard was a definite hit. Their “classics” tasting menu was very good and nicely priced wine list to go along. I know I’m late to this train but the wine pricing all over was so reasonable.

Off to Turin and then vacation in La Morra and Lake Como.

FWIW - Ate at Sala de Despiece on Monday night. At the private table in the butcher/padded room. lol. Quite an event. Food was great. Team was friendly, knowledgeable. Everything is finished table side in a lab environment. So you have to be down with that. Cool wine list. They capped us off gratis with a split of Valverán ice cider from Asturias. Taberno Laredo was good. Casa Lucas was great. As was Cava Baja in general for pinxtos. Berria wine bar was a total miss. Osom and Natif are both tiny, but v good for morning espresso/food. On to Rioja.

Sala:

1 Like

Anyone have any good recommendations for Sunday dinner?

Berria< great food, fantastic wine list ,Sala de despiece, bodega de la ardosa, Emma cucina,

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this thread back. We are going to Madrid in February and these recommendations are excellent. We are staying at the Westin Palace.