Miami Beach Dining

Macchialina is a great spot for dinner. A bit outside of the rush of south beach but not too far.

Really enjoyed Jose Andres’ place, The Bazaar, last night. DP 09 by the glass was a nice way to start. The food was creative/different and well executed. Room was buzzing and comfortable without being overly loud. Service was outstanding - perfect mix of friendliness, enthusiasm and efficiency. Overall, would highly recommend.

Bump same as last year…anything good recently in northern areas? (Sunny isles, Aventura, bal harbour, etc). Is surf club worth a visit?

I haven’t been to Miami in quite a few years, but will be there early November for a few nights. We have Naoe booked (they love our sake, Chef is from the same region), which is exciting. I’ll explore some of these for other options, likely solo as Jonathan will have other obligations with our distributor. Thanks!

i think the food is very good, without the “for miami” qualifier but also the entire physical space is stunning. it’s attached to the Rubell Museum and has a stunning garden, etc. No, it’s not as good as the top places in the basque region itself, but it’s totally lovely. i think you’ll like it - it’s a very refreshing reprise from what most NYers would think of miami.

3 Likes

Thanks, Yaacov. Will check it out. We have Naoe and Hiden, so a little Spain in with the Japanese would be nice. And give me a wine break from the sake.

2 Likes

Naoe was fantastic last night. Really special, not just well executed. We loved it. With only a few seats available a night, it’s a tough reservation, but well worth the effort.

Glad to hear that. We have had some great meals there pre-pandemic.

It was our first time, and we were very impressed. And they are big fans of Kikuhime.

Tonight we go to Hiden, which I am also excited to try.

1 Like

Bump for updates
Considering Miami for our anniversary in late June.

What type of cuisine are you looking for?

We decided on Marathon but I’ll still take any available Miami recs for future visits (we’re only 52 miles away)
We’re not picky about type of cuisine as long as it is quality ingredients executed well.

We enjoyed our meal at mila; the truffle fried rice was spectacular.

1 Like

Stubborn Seed, Robuchon, Mr Omakase. Robuchon aint cheap though (around 800pp for tasting menu with wines), its very good but I’m not sure if its worth that.

Itamae and Leku were fantastic recently.

had a long lunch at leku a few weeks ago. it’s fantastic and better than i recall. the physical space and layout are also stunning. and a very good wine list. i wish a more convenient neighborhood but not awful.

1 Like

Anything in South Beach besides Maccialina and Locali? I’m down for a conference at the end of the month. Meetings are at Loew’s Miami Beach, so close to there. I see a Nossa Omakase, any good?

Stubborn seed is pretty good.

As mentioned before Stubborn Seed is excellent and well worth the visit

If you are venturing outside of SOBE Ariete in the Grove is great and Leku is very good.
In Coral Gables, an area coming into its own Vinya is excellent as is Eating House and for a hidden gem, QP Tapas is a pop up on Ponce De Leon Blvd that is amazing but they will be closing in mid June then opening in a different location

Annual bump.
Surf Club - any good? (and are pants and a nice polo-type shirt sufficient?)

Any good Cuban recs in the northern areas (or near the design district if I had down there for an afternoon)?

Other good new restaurants in north areas?

1 Like