Mike on Tour---NYC--October 17, 7 pm at Pings

Bringing 06 Clerc Milon. Looking forward…

I am getting spoi-iled. This’ll be the third vintage of Comtes I’ve been able to have on the trip. Lock in the Vosne and that Keller can still be up to bat if wanted. I’ll almost certainly be subway-ing it to and from dinner. Thanks everyone very, very much in advance.

Mike

Upon closer examination of this special order bottle (it seems the GG is missing from the label > thank you Zachy’s [scratch.gif] ), I’ll bring a 2010 A.J. Adam Hofberg Riesling trocken and 2010 Sojourn Pinot Noir Sangiacomo Vineyard from Sonoma.

Thanks Dan. While I don’t buy them I’ve had a soft spot for Sojourn wines ever since meeting Craig at one of our early Rhys release dinners at EMP.

Jay, I had the 2006 Comte on Thursday. Really good!

I’ve only ever bought a full case of wine 4 times, this was one of them. A little more in this case as I went back for the case after buying 3 bottles and trying one.

For reasons that escape me, Mike wants a picture of the Imperial of 1985 Ch. Raymond Lafon that I opened on Friday for my Nephew’s wedding. There is still about a liter in the bottom of the bottle and he thinks that might be ready by Tuesday. IF I can manage it, which is at nest 50-50, I may stop by just to let him take the photo and so that the rest of you can finish off the bottle.

Just a reminder to everyone to bring glasses if possible!

Jay - if you manage to stop by I hope you’ll be able to pause for a glass or two before running off.

Jay, now I’m curious. What were the other 3 times?

1997 William & Selyem Allen Vineyard Pinot Noir - last vintage for the old winemaker. It was the first time I went to a live auction and I got carried away. I’ve never done live bidding since. All gone now.

2002 Huet Petillant - a great vintage, a wine I love, a majority of them were premoxed. All done now, most down the sink.

2015 Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Kabinett - was great for a while, started shutting down. Looking forward to revisiting in 10 years.

If you count wines bought in small quantities over the course of years then 1998 Muller Catoir HM Scheurebe Auslese and 1998 Muller Catoir HB Riesling Spatlese also both qualify.

The other wine I’m bringing is 1997 Domaine J. Chamonard Morgon Le Clos de Lys.

I would certainly be appreciative if someone could bring an extra stem or two, as mine are several hundred miles away.

Alternatively I could scour the neighborhood on my way in for some Riedels of dubious origin … [basic-smile.gif]

You can get Riedels on Canal Street. Just look for the guy who is selling Rollexes.

Looks like I am not going to be able to stop by to say hello. Too much work in advance of vacation.

Love, love, love that wine. Do you still have it from when Chambers St. was selling some a few years back?

I’ll bring 6 glasses and can spare 2 for Mike and 2 for you.

Those would be ‘Riedells’ …

Jay Miller - Thanks in advance for the glasses!

Dangles carrot >>> I can offer a ride home.

Since Other Jay can’t make it I’ll also bring a half bottle of 2001 Rieussec so we have something sweet to finish with.

I got the last bottle that Flatiron was selling actually.

I just want to say thanks to Jay for organizing dinner, and thanks to Mike on Tour for being the inspiration. Nothing beats a good Chinese food dinner with 10 wine friends (old and new). And the bonus > talking miles and points and credit cards, in addition to wine. [whistle.gif]

These dinners always have lots of wine. It’s always hard for me to pace myself; but with Champagne, whites, and reds, it was much easier to do at this meal. Mike has already posted notes in a separate thread. I may even have the nerve to add a couple of comments.

Nice to have met Marc, Benjamin and Lynn, and Kaitlin. See you all next time.