Milan Restaurant Recco

RT

1 Like

Agreed. I liked the look of the BTG menu…and quite reasonably priced. My wife had the Ventresca di Tonno.

RT

1 Like

I’d be really conflicted in what to order, everything sound delicious. Last time I had the paranza, was really there for half an hour before meeding to be elsewhere and it was great, especially because i’m a bit sensitive to vinegar (i didn’t like the “in carpione” preparations my grandma used to make) but it was well balanced.

I’m not a fan of their uovo exit which seem to be their signature and it’s always there, but I haven’t found any creamy egg that I enjoyed particularly in my life di it might be a matter of taste.

I want to thank everyone for great reccos here. Sharing my feedback from an awesome couple of days in Milan:

Ratana - meh to meh+. Had the tasting. Some dishes were excellent, namely the piedmontese risotto with saffron. Others were duds, like a figs salad that was ordinary and a chicken dish that we did not finish. Good vibes, location is more business focused, wine list is good to good plus (very well priced, interesting things). Probably a function of heightened expectations. You win some / you lose some.

Joia - Indian focused vegetarian restaurant north of Bastioni park. Very good lunch: great vibes, good food, great wine list (I spotted a 2016 Latour for 200 euro, had a bottle of occhipinti sp68 for like 30 euro). Nice interlude from traditional northern italian fare.

** Cantine Isola dal 1896** - wine bar and wine shop just north of Sempione. Great staff, great bottle selection, great vibes. Wine nerd nivana while also being a place you can take non nerd friends to chat and appertive. We took home bottles of Pepe Treb for high 40s euros. No Dauvissaut unfortunately, but some other gems as well (great selection of Moreau Chablis and champagne).

Giacomo Cafe - solid option if you’re in the heart of the madness. Went for a spritz and espresso after Novecento and Ambrosian.

We also bar hopped in Navigli. Definitely a younger vibe / spot for college kids to fraternize. Rita was very chill vibes and fun but the tiki drinks were just ok. Gramm was more my style, no frills / intimate/warm. Next time will try to make it to e/n

In Como, we were able to avoid total touristica traps with some solid coffee at The Brothers Cafe while waiting for a ferry. Good pastries as well. A good vegan lunch at Golose Imperfezzioni if you can handle vegan food. No respite from tourist traps in Bellagio, but you should know that coming.

We stayed in Blevio so had to have dinner at Mori, the only joint in town. Mori, the proprietor, epitomizes great Italian front of house service. He’s warm and engaing. The environment is uber romantic, right by the lake with strung lights and an inviting courtyard. We enjoyed a few courses and a bottle of Falkenstein Alto Adige. Perfect way to cap a day in Como.

3 Likes

Weren’t you able to visit 28 posti?

Couldn’t swing it. Milan for two nights; was closed our first night (Monday) and we were at teatro scala the second which made seating impossible. Next time!

1 Like

I had a lovely dinner at Canzian with a friend; lovely food and wine but the dessert ommaggio a Arnoldo Pomodoro was simply amazing (if you know the sculptor).

1 Like

We’re going to a performance at La Scala in a couple of weeks and are wondering if DVCA, which seems close by, might be a good fit for dinner afterwards (probably around 10 pm). Google shows their hours until midnight, so I thought it might work, but maybe too late to arrive for dinner. Any thoughts or other nearby ideas?

so sorry, I’m not a local, so cannot assist with that level of detail, though I am sure you will enjoy!’

Jonathan

1 Like

Been there again few weeks ago, found only a dish that to me was a bit weak (the Nishiki Rice with the crab] but it was a great mal nevertheless and definitely something intresting in the Milanese scene. I hope people will also put their attention in Sine By Dipinto, which has a similar concept

I don’t know the place, but I can call them next morning (meaning in 10 hours roughly, depending in how soon they are ready to pick up the phone).

In the area (super close) i only have tried Voce di Aimo e Nadia from the folks of Il Luogo Aimo e Nadia (very old institution, 2 michelin)

Haven’t tried it for a full meal tho, it’s a bit pricey and doesn’t have q lot of creativity but anything I tried in the 2 occasions was very good (the best Babà among them, but that won’t be available provably)

I called them, seating at 22 shouldn’t be a problem (they have accepted people sesting at 23 they told me)

1 Like