Mostly Chambolle Musigny 1er crus

Tom - I re-read few times the TNs by Brodie re the 3 2004 in Post No. 1 and got curious as they do not seem to be any representations of any red from 2004.

So I re-read the thread : I don’t like 2004 red Burgundy started on 24 May 2011 with detailed TNs of 9 - 2004 high-end red including 7 g-crus - which are expensive to very expensive.

Guess like you said : see you in 2016… blush

What I am trying is to say : perhaps they are aging fast - hence the greenliness disappeared too early.

Now if this is true, will they dry-up fast or became *…not only “Da Greenies” but a lot of them are browning prematurely and falling apart * ?

Brodie, I thought that Todd Waldmann had set you Kiwi/Aussie fellows straight a few months back when he responded to Jeremy Holmes’ favorable note on an 04 red Burg. Brother, what’s next, a good 03 … oh, I see, never mind.

Tongue out of cheek: Thanks for the great notes on a nice line-up. [cheers.gif]

Hi Martin, please remember us Anzacs have had our palates totally trashed by all those over ripe, over oaked high alcohol ooze monsters. You cannot trust any of our notes. We have no sensitivity to greenness at all… [cheers.gif]

Of the 12 wines tasted 9 were vintages other than 2004 but somehow this thread had managed to focus on the 3 wines from THAT vintage…(sigh)…

Still waiting for the anti 2004 brigade to come and trash this thread…it has been way too pleasant and polite…

Cheers Brodie

Peter, there’s always a time when people think a vintage is drying out too fast or evolving too quickly, 2001 is the current victim but I remember when it was 88,91, 93, 95, 96, 98…

Tom, I definitely defer to your greater experience in these matters, but I thought the 2004’s we tasted last Mon night tasted mature and ready to drink. They did show mature colours and resolved palates. They did give an impression of being quite advanced for their relative youthfulness. More so than other recent vintages…

I only have a few cases of 2004 but will keep them for science and experimentation to see how well you prediction turns out. And yes I am with you that you can’t easily predict the future trajectory of a wine based on a single snapshot.

Yes Brodie, “way too pleasant and polite”.
I expected Stuart to pop in immediately and say…fine, but you just can’t trust 12 experienced taster’s palates tasting 11 wines blind when the 3 2004’s turn out to be unanimous standouts. Not a valid data point!

He must be traveling…hope he’s alright.