Mostly Right bank classically-styled wines (None Rollandized, none Persenified).

I’ve not even started cellaring Bordeaux when the youngest of our flights were released. I will attempt to speak for most in the group, but given their general non-geriatric looks, I will assume that the bottles were not bought and cellared since release. Please chime in if I misspoke.

But, as noted in a good comment by Robert above, and as you are already well aware, we are quite blessed with local sources of well-stored mature Bordeaux, with, of course, some luck thrown in to get a perfect or not-so-perfect mature bottles and, in my case, persevering with merchants where I’ve had mainly positive experiences with in my past purchases. My ’90 Canon was in my cellar over the last 5 to 6 years and was part of a multiple-bottle purchase from several years back from an out-of-town merchant and I actually still have a bottle left. The ’90 Magdelaine was from an auction win from about 3 years ago.

70 Magdelaine was purchased from a TCWC auction about 4-5 years ago.
89 L d’Or was purchased from Chambers about 10 years ago
86 Certan de May was purchased from Winebid earlier this year during a moment of weakness

Granted that I haven’t had much Lafite, I’d admit that it would not have come to my mind in any type of comparison with Chateau Canon. Nevertheless, I see your point.

I thought about a Left Bank comparison and after a while one that I felt came closest in stature and style (considering very different grape components) is Chateau Rauzan Segla. Lo and behold, I then googled Rauzan Segla and read that both Canon and Rauzan have the same vineyard manager up until 2014.