Mount Etna Trip Report

What a great write up and still a bucket list trip for us. Thanks.

How far apart we’re the wineries? Are they concentrated in an area or spread far and wide?

And how did you pick the ones you visited?

Thanks again.

Thanks Chris (and others) for the compliments - much appreciated!

The wineries I selected aren’t actually all that far apart - probably no more than 5-10 minutes by car - this was partly by design and partly by luck.

In selecting producers to visit, I was looking for a combination of producers I had access to at home (Franchetti and SRC) but wanted more exposure to as well as some producers I hadn’t seen at all but which seemed to be held in high regard (Cornelissen and Planeta).

If I had more time, would have loved to have visited any of Tenuta Delle Terre Nere, Graci, Cottanera or Benanti (was booked in to visit but unfortunately had to cancel at last minute).

thanks for the write up, Liam!

Does Cornelissen waive their tasting fee if you purchase? Do they even have wine to sell to visitors?

Hi Doug! I seem to recall that they didn’t have anything available from the winery, but were certainly more than willing to help put me in touch with places where I could source the wines.

The visit ended up costing 20€ and was worth every cent of it - we were there almost 3 hours.

Amazing write up and post! Thanks for taking all that time to create that report!

Cheers!
Marshall