Myriad release incoming

For a what it is worth, I tasted out of barrel the 2010, 3 twins and the Dr. crane with Mike last August.

The Dr Crane was the hands down winner, awesome wine, as good if not better than the 09.

A definite buy for me.

Definite buy! Great wines by a great guy. The Dr. Crane is the best wine under $300 there is. Period.

I also tasted the '10s out of barrel, no specific notes but think the GIII and Dr Crane were great-in fact the whole lineup was stellar…highly recommended

Just saw Mike this past Sunday. His friendly and easygoing nature belies the fact that he busts his ass to make the best wine possible. He is also a wealth of detailed knowledge on every nitpicky question I asked him.
We had all of the 2010 Cabs, plus a few other wines (the 2011 100% whole cluster Syrah was fantastic).
One could easily spend a lot more money and not come anywhere near this quality. The Spring Mountain was balanced and beautiful, much like the GIII, which tasted very much like Rutherford fruit, with red flavors poking through and a bit of that dust quality. The Three Twins, near Pritchard Hill is a site Mike is very enthused about. The 2010 was beautiful, with deep purple and black fruit matched to fine acidity and a good quantity of fine grained tannins. Loved that, only to then have the Dr. Crane, which was just flat out awesome. It seemed to have the best components of all the other wines. Super deep, plush and balanced with the oak, acid, tannin and fruit all melding beautifully. It seemed that it could be drunk now and for the next 20 years.
These are definite buys.

Bump. Ordering should be available any minute. Excited about this one. [cheers.gif]

Whew. I’m glad that’s over. I ordered a mixed case before I could convince myself to buy more which I’d probably eventually regret.

I ordered 2 cases plus a few wish list bottles. Can’t get enough of Mike’s wines!!!

I’ll need to be the piker. I am very excited to get this offer after tasting my first Quivet earlier this year and being astounded and how much I could again like Cab. I am in for 2 each of the Dr Crane, the Three Twins and the Semillon Extended Elevage after going for a half case on the Quivet last month.

Were that I had no budget or kids heading to/in college!

anyone taste the Napa?

Im in for a mixed case…

I’M IN DEEP ! And BIG FORMATS ! Hurt the card !

I also went deep including wish lists for extra GIII. About 18 bottles if I get my wish lists. Mike is one of the best winemakers, ignoring that he and Leah are awesome people too. I am glad to add to their successes.

I am in on 6 Dr. Crane and waitlisted 6 more. Mike is such a wonderful person and I want to support him!

Mixed case here - gonna go short on some of my other allocations this year like Booker and quil creek.

Mike is a true people person have spoken with on the phone twice now.

I’m in for some Dr. Crane. Might go back for more this weekend before the offer ends.

Just bought a car, so I’m a little strapped for cash. Bought some of the basic bottling and a George III. Wish it could have been more, Mike is the most reliable “new” winemaker out there for wines in the $50 range and his upper wines rival any in their price range.

did some card damage…ugh thankfully its summer and I can stick my head in the sand until the fall release emails start trickling in.

Never tried one but went in for a three pack (1 Napa, 1 Three Twins and 1 George III) based on comments here and elsewhere. Shipping was very reasonable ($10 to Texas), which is appreciated. Looking forward to trying these.

For you Myriad fans napaman.com: GIII – It could stand for Gorgeous Grape Growing! A nice article to checkout.