Myriad's new 2021 vineyards

Oh gotcha. I always thought it to be true, but some on here were calling it speculation hence why I said not 100% confirmed haha.

Probably because people want to know why and don’t unless Mike tells them.

1 Like

Second on the confirmation. Mike vinified the 2019 Carter wines, but Russell blended them.

Not sure exactly how the breakup occurred. Again, I could only go off of what was said, or more precisely what wasn’t said. If it was amicable I think they would have said something more; however, I want to make it clear that there was absolutely nothing negative said, because in the end nothing was said! Completely professional as would be expected. With Myriad now sourcing fruit from the same vineyards in the Carter lineup, perhaps there just wasn’t a point in continuing the relationship any longer? In the end I don’t think either party will suffer.

With the new vineyard announcements, it makes me wonder how folks will think about their purchases of Carter, Bevan and Myriad. Certainly an interesting decision given commonality of vineyards and winemakers.

2 Likes

They also just announced a Fortuna Vineyard Cab for the Patine Cellars lineup.

I’m sure he’s enjoying it all the way to the bank. He’s likely paying less than that since he’s only charging $150-$175 a bottle as opposed to $300-$375. You wouldn’t like making $100/bottle, you’d have to pay too much income tax. [wink.gif]

Thanks. All the best to M&L. Good people.