Name one wine (ONE) that you bought in 2021 that people should seriously consider purchasing

Their 1er Cru is worth it if you can find it. You should also keep an eye out for Pegaso (Telmo Rodriguez) and Bernabeleva, who are also stellar in the same style.

1 Like

Not sure how widely available it is, but I liked the Max Kilburg Goldtröpfchen spätlese 2020 so much that I bought an additional 12 bottles.

Among the best Goldtröpfchen I tried from anyone and an absolute steal at about €14

Not one wine but one producer I’d say, anything by Laherte Freres.

2016 Quinta do Baixo Poerinho Garrifeiria. Will stagger burgundy lovers at $50. But if you have to pay more than $100 as burgundy lovers are wont to do, the 2015 Lotte D. Over 100 year old Baga from 1.8 hectares.

My other prized buy is the 2017 Quinta da Falorca Garrifeira from the Dao.

2 Likes

Red:
Salvioni Rosso 2016
I encourage you to have this alongside Brunellos now or in the next five years.
Im not quite sure why they even made any rosso that year but lets thank them anyways.
Akin to Pesqueras buy a crianza wait a year and you have a reserva.

White:
Joly Coulee de Serrant 2018

Funny, I literally just emailed Max about a visit, I really liked his 16-19s but not tried a 20 yet!

The 2019 Twill Cellars Steelhead Run Syrah. I haven’t tasted the 2019 yet, but previous vintages have deserved all the praise that Eric from Sec Wines lavishes on them. Eric said that 2019 will be the last vintage on this wine, so get some while you can.

1 Like

Nice to know…I bought 6

Where are you buying these in the US?

1 Like

Well this won’t be news to some or possibly most on WB, 2008 Dom Perignon. Not just an eye opener for me but a recalibration of sorts on what Champagne can be. Cheers.

Is that this wine?

But if you can’t drink it aboard Blue Origins while in zero G what’s the point? :wink:

1 Like

Think it is this wine (different vintage):

1 Like

2020 Benanti Etna Rosato. My favorite rose of the year and it’s $20.

Looks the same to me, no?

One has to figure where he is going. Blue Origins…may one day…be going to Heaven. [cheers.gif]

If folks are interested in some of the best cool climate Pinots from California, get on the Rivers-Marie mailing list right now. Their Sonoma Coast PN (appellation blend) is excellent, especially at its low price point ($30) if bought from the list. I see the ‘19 available in the US but even at $40 it’s pretty darn good. The single vineyards are great too, and easily worth their price.

Baudry, La Croix Boissée, 2014. Oh my it was good.

1 Like

Des Croix -Les Cents Vignes 18 (1411-0489- CA $77)

This is the wine you showed (from the same website). It’s half the price of the first and doesn’t say “Garrafeira.”

1 Like