Napa Trip!! Any rec's on what to look for from this itinerary?

If you get to downtown Napa all of the following are very good:

• Torc
  • Celadon
  • La Toque

Karen

If you want to step away from “fine” dining and want to have some unFrenched or other than eclectic food, there is Ristorante Allegria, http://www.ristoranteallegria.com/, for northern Italian food, (try the warm Napa Cabbage salad), Don Pericos, DonPerico for Mexican food, (outstanding fajitas) or if you are a true carnivore, Cole’s Chop House, http://www.coleschophouse.com/ and if you buy a bottle, they don’t charge corkage for a bottle you bring in. Warning, Carrie and I split the New York because the appetizers, wedge salad and entree are too much food.

I may get in trouble for revealing the local’s hangouts.

Good call on Cole’s, Randy. My dad and I had an excellent meal there a few years ago. Great ribeyes and the biggest baked potatoes I’ve ever seen.

That’s because that was just bad advice. Torc is one of the best restaurants in the valley. Miminashi is great, but dump many other restaurants before Torc.

I agree with a trip to Pritchard Hill for the Chappellet tasting. Personal, excellent wines, and amazing views. Great place for a picnic, especially on the road down at the overlook.

The roads winding up to and around Chappellet are all private property, I’d be careful about randomly pulling over and having a picnic. You may not get in any trouble but it could be dangerous with other drivers on the narrow roads and without the landowner’s permission is just rude.

You might find this helpful. Its a list of restaurant corkage charges throughout the valley and the list is pretty much up-to-date

Chappellet has picnic spots w tables. Or at least they used to.

I thought they did, and that they may be for club members.

See if Chateau Montelena has a Cab Franc available for tasting.

Would change to Del Dotto’s other location if you can and do the barrel tasting. Not the best cabs but they give a ton of samples.

Alpha Omega. Done.