Napa Winerys for Scenery

Newton.

For the view - and a nice intro to NV and winemaking in a self tour at a beautiful facility- Sterling is amazing! They have a gondola that takes you to the top of a hill in the north of the valley that overlooks the whole valley. Its awesome.
http://www.sterlingvineyards.com/our-winery/visit-sterling-vineyards

My other fav to take people to on a first visit is Quintessa. Great valley views from the south, and you can stroll around outside and see the valley from many angles. And the wine is great.
https://www.quintessa.com/estate/property.cfm

Enjoy!
MD

PS - Screw Colgin.

Thank you for suggestions!

We currently having tastings scheduled at Outpost, Mending Wall, O’Shaughnessy, Joseph Phelps.
Leaning towards Quintessa been hearing that’s a great place to stop by.

A lot of good suggestions already, but surprised that no one has mentioned CADE yet.

+1
Great view of Carneros

Seven Stones has some beautiful grounds and a great view of the valley.

Pride

Continuum, simply breathtaking

MT

This.

I personally love the gardens and ambience of Frog’s Leap, but it’s not a “view” by any means. Also seconding Diamond Creek. It’s a lovely property to walk around.

Kuleto is really cool - off the beaten path up on a mountain, amazing grounds and stunning lake views
Pride, Behrens and Hitchcock and Smith-Madrone up on Spring Mountain
Fisher sits nestled in a picturesque valley, tasting is up on a knoll where you take it all in under shaded trees - could have stayed there all day - and a great winery dog to boot
Second Cade, Paloma, Viader too

If Sonoma is planned too, Iron Horse has a nice view.

I really like Pride, Chappellet and Colgin.

There is also a good view of the valley from Sterling.

Montagna has a great view of the valley and is a nice setting. Cade also has a nice view.

obviously, the entire Napa Valley is breathtaking. You cannot throw a rock without hitting a winery with a spectacular vista. However if you want the quintessential California view that does not have a vineyard, detour to US 1 on the coast north of Golden Gate bridge. If there is a prettier view anywhere on a clear day, I would be interested to hear about it!

Aonair and Scalon Cellars out in Coombsville, both insanely beautiful properties and very private

Since you’ll almost be at the top of Howell Mountain, you should try and set a tasting at Black Sears. Fantastic wine and an incredible view. Chris gives a great tour.

Domaine Carneros for the 10am, Joseph Phelps, then CADE, and swing back south a few miles along the Silverado Trail and grab a drink/appetizer at Auberge for the sunset. DONE and DONE.

+100. It seriously is like travelling back in time to see what napa looked like and felt like 40-50 years ago. The views are stunning as well!

The grounds Montelena are great. Share and Pride.