National Rosé Day - what’s everyone opening?

By coincidence, and without knowledge that this is an official, nationally celebrated day of recognition, that is what I opened.
It just happened to go with chicken fajitas on the deck in the sunshine, with the high temperature not breaking 65. There was a growler of Old Schoolhouse on the table as well.

2018 Tercero Mourvedre Rose here.

Enjoyed the 2018 Tercero Rose a week ago. I assisted with bottling on that one (my first time), so may be slightly biased, but I have always enjoyed Larry’s Roses.
2018 Tercero Rose (2).JPG
Yesterday, opened the 2012 Vesper McCormick Ranch (San Diego County) Rose of Grenache, 11.5% ABV. Not sure why I waited so long on this one, but we really enjoyed it. The aged induced some oxidation, but that really gave it a unique character and the strong acidity kept the oxidation in check.

Still have a 2012 and 2013 Bedrock Ode to Lulu, and hope those show as well when I finally get around to opening them.

Cheers! [cheers.gif]

Steve
2012 Vesper Rose (2).JPG

Inman family- OGV Estate, 2018. Very good stuff!

in our house Cos Frappato is about as close as we’ll normally get to Rose, so we went with that. did listen in on a great Rose day instagram live with @blackgirlsdinetoo though! she’s worth a follow for you instagrammers out there.

A 2016 Virage, a 2016 Tercero and a 2017 Franny Beck all disappeared from my cellar this weekend.

All were very tasty, and shows that rose can indeed age.

Dave,

Glad to hear that 2016 showed well. I still have a few cases left that I am laying down to see how they develop over time and I’m excited to see where they are going.

Cheers

That Franny Beck Rosé is quite good, and I’ll try to sit on a few per this feedback. I love the electricity in young Rosé but curious how they evolve.

I have a 2017 and 2018 left of yours, and was hoping to taste all 3 together, but the pandemic doesn’t allow for the crowd size to do this right.

2019 Myriad Rose, which had providentially arrived that week :tada: