Need a Hotel in Dallas

Ummm…better steakhouses?

Poorly worded. I meant closer to the better ones. Meaning closer to Pappas though the price of that place scared me. We’re 6 people.

Is Alex & Sams just as expensive? Their website doesn’t list prices.

Btw, we did book the Omni in Fort Worth.

Good choice, hope you enjoy it.

FYI, downtown and the surrounding areas are undergoing a great deal of road construction. Be prepared to add time in the car. It’ll be great well after you leave!

If in FW, you are 45 min to an hour away from Pappa’s.

Do you mean Nick and Sam’s?

Yeah, Bill. My bad. Love the avatar btw.

Fort Worth has a fairly vibrant, walkable downtown area so you’ll be able to get out and about without driving.

Bill is correct. The better steakhouses are in the Dallas area IMHO. However, there are some viable options in the Fort Worth area. Bob’s (where you’re staying), Del Frisco’s, Capitol Grill and even Grace (has a decent steak selection and preparation although a bit more diverse cuisine) are all within walking distance of the Omni.

Cooper’s has an outpost in the Stockyards if you’re interested in some BBQ.

The commute to the stadium will be a bit easier to the stadium than from downtown Dallas. Less traffic coming from the west.

Joe,

For the reasons you mention - walkable and distance to Jerry world are the reasons my friend in Dallas recommended we stay in Fort Worth instead. My one son wants BBQ too, so I’ll look into Coopers.

Joe, Coopers looks really good. We will definitely be in the Stockyards at some point and that looks like lunch to me!

Good deal.