need brisket suggestions

Jay,
I would opt for a whole brisket if you can. Just did a 13.5# last weekend. Pulled at 190, cooked for roughly 11 hours on the BGE at 240-250 degrees

They only had the flats, and I was too lazy too drive around and find the whole. Sounds like the flats won’t take as long.

You would think so, but in my experience that’s not the case. When I smoke a whole brisket, the point gets tender before the flat does.

I am figuring a 12 hour smoke! Hope that does it. Didn’t inject and rub only on for an hour or so before hitting the smoker. Will report results

How did it go Jay? Time? Avg temp? Was it deliciously tender?

It turned out great. Got it on the smoker at 6:30. Average temp between 225-250. I checked the temp of briskets around 3. Internal temp was 190 already. I could tell it was super tender by how my instant read thermometer slid in. Wrapped the briskets and put back on for another 90 minutes, lowered heat to 200. Then let them rest for an hour. Gorgeous bark, smoke ring and super tender. I thought it was a bit overdone, but everyone else thought it was perfect.

I do love how the Smokey Mountain holds the temp. Once this hit the 225 temp, a little fiddling with the vents and it just stays there.