New Benchmark Wine Group Website....

Benchmark people if you’re reading this - you don’t even have to revert the whole website. As someone who works in tech I can only imagine the magnitude of the consulting dollars that were dropped on the new version, and the obvious reluctance to admit that it’s a disaster. Trust me when I say this is not merely change aversion on our part - when WineSearcher is a superior interface into your inventory you know you have a problem.
We just want to have a secret URL that gives us access to the old version of the site. Surely we can work something out flirtysmile

Having experienced complicated but avoidable debacles in my lifetime, I can vouch that the new website is a stand-out.

+1

I have to agree. Winesearcher brought be to the site last week and I surprised to see the new layout. I spent maybe 10 minutes looking around and then left not only without making a purchase but with the thought that there would be no reason to return. What a mess they have created Ild love to be privy the discussions that went into this.

I don’t think the site is all that bad, but their inventory of wines as of late have been unmotivating. I’ve been doing my backfilling at Winebid.

I would argue this…wine “collectors” tend to be higher educated individuals with a greater disposable income. If a lot of people here are chiming in that they find the site difficult to navigate. I’d say that this site is really poorly designed. If I worked at Benchmark…I’d return to the old site and return to the contract demanding that they fix the functional problems that many people here are reporting.

I don’t know. I went to the site and searched my usually suspects. Found them without issue. Vintage scores listed right below the photo. I also pursued the bin sales. Again no problem. Some folks on this site have a tendency to complain about things like their socks being to loose. I personally didn’t find the site all that bad, but maybe I am of a higher, higher intelligence. [snort.gif] Your results may vary.

I only do a modest amount of shopping at Benchmark, but I have had good experiences with them over the last several years. However, when they changed the website (back in November or so), it really messed with the way I like to browse and bookmark potential purchases, so my browsing there has dropped off as well.

I sent an e-mail about a handful of issues back then, hoping to be helpful, but haven’t heard anything back…not that I necessarily expected to, for various reasons already mentioned. I do hope they take note of all the feedback and make some adjustments.

$14/month for 1-12 bottles held between November & April.

You mean you buy wine in November when it is too cold to ship (at least here) and they hold it till spring and charge you for that? I haven’t heard anything about that.

You would have heard back immediately, by submitting via the new feedback functionality of the updated website. [j.k.]