New Breville Pizzaiolo electric pizza oven looks kinda amazing

Jealous. Excited to hear about the experience.

Apparently using expired yeast is not a good idea…how about some flatbread?

newhere

We make pizza in our oven. No separate appliance required. We have a Wolf series M oven and a 16.5 lb.Wolf pizza stone made of cordierite. It works amazingly well. Worth every nickel.

Sounds great What style of pizza are you making? How hot does the stone get? My Wolf dual-fuel range has a “stone” baking mode which I use with a FibraMent stone, but in “stone” mode, which cycles fans and elements on and off, the stone never gets over ~575F. Fantastic for breads. Not so good for the kinds of pizza I like. OTOH, the Breville has changed the way I make and enjoy pizza.

Very tempting!
I have WFO and love it.
This appliance makes it seem so easy with terrific results.
20% off…hmmm

Bill, post some of your recent pizza pics over here. They look amazing!

Now $999.99 on website!
You got :four_leaf_clover:

Kevin, I’d rather you posted here photos or videos showing your journey with this little oven. But if you insist, here is a video of one of my latest pizzas. As a long-time, insufferable, Neapolitan snob, I’m more than a little surprised how these pan pizzas are becoming my favorite. 750F deck, 450F top.

My first pizza using the updated Pizzaiolo '820 model.

Mozzarella (cheap grocery store stuff) and bottom (not much spotting) didn’t look that great, but it was still tasty. Thin, fairly crisp crust, with only slightly drooping tip. Good crust flavor I thought. Pretty pleased with it for a first try, being a pizza making newbie.

Joe Heffernan/The Independent, Seattle/ChefSteps recipe
100% King Arthur’s Unbleached Bread Flour (12.7% protein)
65% water
0.24% IDY
2.17% salt
~kneeded 7.5 min on #3 in KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer (final dough temp 81°F)
~bulk ferment 74°F x 5 hr
~230g balls, coated with EVOO then 15.5 hr cold ferment, covered
~Proof, uncovered at RT x 1 hr (made a mistake and the top developed a skin, which ended up on the bottom of the pizza)
~Stretched to 11"
~Modernist Cuisine’s pressure cooker pizza sauce (sautéed garlic, la’Carmela DOP San Marzano tomatoes, salt), strained
~4 minute manual bake in Breville Pizzaiolo at 600°F deck/600°F top (center setting of “Top Control”), trying to mimic the temp of Heffernan’s 600°F gas brick oven

Looks good, I’ll guess no Keto diet for you.

I just scrape the toppings off.

Nice work!

That cheese steak pizza looks great Bill.

FWIW. for less that that price you can get a Waring electric pizza oven…a small one. Waring Pizza - WebstaurantStore
I’ve had the “commercial” double decker in my garage for the last 4 years…and love it…it goes up to 800 degrees, though I cook at 550-600…pizzerias in Philadelphia use the single for re-heating and making pies in a pinch…

Pizza #2: 650°F/500°F/5 x 4 min. Same dough batch as #1 but after a 36 hr cold ferment, which was harder to stretch into a perfect circle (dough temp was 71°F after 1 hr tempering). Rotated the pizza at 3 min and added the basil. Bottom still doesn’t have the speckled charring I’m looking for, but getting a bit closer.

Cranked the “Top Control” all the way to the right to 5 just as I launched the pizza, based on something I saw in an Anthony Falco video.
IMG_5344.jpg

ken - those look great. for the super dark spots, i find that 3-days in the fridge does the trick for the dough. it gets super hydrated and enables the most amount of proteins and sugars to be available.

There’s also the P134H, which will hit 850°F, although it needs a 220V power supply.

https://www.gastrovens.com/en/home/1-p134h.html

I’ve seen people on PizzaMaking.com measure the deck on the Breville hitting 820°F. My IR thermometer doesn’t go that high so I haven’t measured mine yet. Pre-heating (~15 min) and re-heating seems to be amazingly fast.

I’ve got 1 ball left, so I’ll try again tomorrow…

My wife makes all kinds of pizzas from homemade pizza dough. We prefer a thinner crust that gets a little crisp. She follows Wolf’s instructions for pizza, Stone Mode, 450 degrees. We have never taken the temperature of the stone. We have trusted the oven and so far so good. She has tested making pizza at higher temperatures but in the M series oven, that results in slight burning on the edges of the crust before the pizza is properly cooked. So back to following directions for us. I don’t know if the oven in your unit is an M series or a different one. There are differences in the design of the different series so outcomes will likely be different too.

I have the Wolf M and the stone. I do enjoy it. Prefer 550 for an OK char. 800 on my Blackstone outside is far better, but the Wolf is OK in a pinch. Make sure the dough is more hydrated and proofed for a day till tacky. Dust with flour before and during hand stretching as needed to release just enough from your skin, and dust the peel well so it slides off. I use Stone mode and let it heat for an extra 30-45 minutes before starting. Bottom level of the oven works for us. lightly charred edges are OK. Done in 6.5 minutes typically in the oven, 2 mins in the Blackstone…

is anyone else here a fan of using a baking steel over a baking stone?