New Cellar not finished. I moved in anyway.

It looks great already, excited to see what it looks like finished. Do update us when it’s all completed.

No. I made those from scratch to fit Bordeaux OWCs. 180 bottles capacity per double wide rack.

1 Like

Excellent work

Yeah my first wine cellar I used a solid door. Second one was a storage room I converted with blow-in insulation including into an internal hollow-core door…which was over-filled and nearly “exploded”, well, started coming apart. It was salvageable and worked quite well.

Nice! May you have many years of enjoyment from it.

1 Like

Nice job - enjoy the “christening”!

Looks amazing, especially those case racks, but one question - why do you have a wine fridge in there? Just for the extra racking? Don’t imagine you’d want it plugged in and producing heat.

The fridge was from my dad. I won’t need it any more so my younger brother well inherit it soon. I’ll build one of my racks to replace it.

1 Like

Funny, me and my daughter were just discussing oxymorons due to a school assignment and I said one of my favorites was ‘square tubing’. Great job, if you really wanted to keep track of inventory you could cellar tracker those row B box 4 etc.
Enjoy.

Nice job! Love the metal racks with the wood cases. Great idea!

1 Like

I prefer names over row/column style labels. For simplicity, all wine in wood boxes, the bins are the name on the box. For instance I have a single bottle of 2014 Le Petit Haut Lafitte in Bin “Capbern” in Location “Case Rack 2”.
The open racks have bins like 1Top, 2ndRow, 3rdRow, etc. I never have to look at more than a dozen or so bottles to find the exact one I want.

1 Like

Looks great Chris. Like many others, I think the racks of boxes looks great and makes the cellar look 100 times better. Very cool.

2 Likes

Love your cellar and all the work you’ve put into it. The case racks are great! Really stand out and are unique.

i like the idea of the OWC as drawers! nice touch

Very cool! Enjoy!

We usually finish our projects just as we are moving out.

How do you all get OWC’s? I just jumped on some 2019 futures but probably didn’t buy enough to get the crates. But that has me wondering, do you have to get a 12 or do they have crates for 6 or 3’s? I would like to build a small rack for the middle of my cellar that is exactly crate sized and maybe 3 units tall.

Thanks.

A little update. The cellar window is fully sealed without making a permanent closure, and the wine fridge has been replaced with a 120 bottle rack.
Some of the baseboard has been installed.
C6E9436F-34F8-4D97-9FE0-9DE59173C4F6.jpeg
F7ED00A7-9857-42C7-A3BC-C1E4AFEF5B77.jpeg

4 Likes

Very nice!

Jealous!