New coffee maker suggestion

Hey, mine are so white they glow in the dark!

And Jordan… I hope you enjoy the Aero Press! Give it a few days to get the hang of it.

Chris, report back on your Technivorm! I’ve never tried one.

The best I have ever had bar none.

Technovorm.

This is a special coffee brewing system.

I have to say I third (fourth?) the Vacuum recommendation over the french press. If you want really, really intense coffee the french is the ticket but if you are roasting your own beans or spend a lot of money the flavors come through a lot cleaner with the Vacuum. I bought the Yama from Sweet Maria’s last time I bought my green beans. It’s a lot more work though.

I am a huge coffee drinker, have been roasting beans for over a year now and am saving up for a Technovorm. Also saving up for a better roaster, Burr grinder, and espresso machine…

There is only one coffee maker on the planet worth a crap IMO.

I bought my Technivorm in the past year and it was transforming.

Phil,

Why is that one better than any other french press?

Ok, I had to order one

It’s big and it holds the heat. The glass versions just don’t keep warm if you want to go back for another cup.

no glass to break which always happens

I think I had a cup of coffee within 5 minutes of the package being delivered. Pretty damn good cup on the first try. Happy that it is plastic as I won’t break it (i hope), unlike every french press i’ve had. Perfect to throw in a suitcase and will take it on my cruise in feb.

I’m glad you like it! It took us a few weeks to tweak everything-- the right beans, the right grind, the right temperature, and the right amount of time-- but now, for our taste, we have it down to a science.

I’m sure it will get better but pretty good on the first try