New offer: 2007 Sea Smoke Single Barrel

Poppy - this is strictly a barrel selection process, then?

Yes.

Thanks. Now to see if lowly me gets an offer. flirtysmile

With only 280 bottles produced, it’s unlikely anyone below the C1 level will get one.

Well, I think there was an initial allocation to C1s in November. I just received an allocation in yesterday’s round and noted that I’d moved up to C1 status (my first vintage was 2003). So, I guess they didn’t sell out to the “old” C1 list and now they’ve moved a few of us up and perhaps are also offering it to other levels. Email clearly says, “first come-first served while supplies last”.

I’m almost certainly going to pass so if anyone in SoCal would like my bottle, please PM me. Happy to order it for you.

I don’t know how these allocations were sent out. I am a C1 and received this offer via email on 12/15/09. My guess is it went out to C1s and they received less than 280 responses.

I did do my part. [training.gif]

Pass. I’m holding out for the Sea Smoke “Belly Shot” release neener

madgh too madgh fah mah blood

?Agreed?

Really? I was served the 07 Ten blindly tonight and it was extremely oaky in the nose and the mouth. In the mouth, it had that intense spiciness you get with high alcohol wines – like every bit of oak spice was extracted by ethanol.

I was surprised, given how conspicuously alcoholic it is, that the fruit wasn’t jammy or raisiny, and the acidity was fairly high, but I suspect the latter was adjusted. To me, this wine was out of balance.

No sure where SS is going. With Chris gone, I am not sure if the wines will keep up.

She had a deft touch with Pinot (and Syrah as well).

There is so much good wine out there…why play the mailing list games?

I quit buying SS beyond the 06 vintage.