**NEW WINE PREVIEW** Franny Beck Case Deal and 20% on two bottles and up with free shipping on 6 bottles

Ordered my case! Thanks!

It did charge me shipping. Also the age verification failed, so I had to email my DL.

Andrew, sorry about that. I’ve fixed the issue and it should be good to go again!

Thanks again to Todd for creating this opportunity for all of us! We are going to keep our discounts in place until we’re able to open our tasting room again, so, the 20% off and free shipping on 6 bottles or more will still be available on our website.

We’re also going to be releasing a couple new wines in the next few weeks, so look for that announcement. Thanks again to everyone whose jumped in already to support Franny Beck!

Next week we are releasing two new wines and wanted to give everyone a little preview.

As our shipping window starts to close, I encourage everyone who hasn’t yet taken advantage of our deals to do so. Thank you again to Todd for creating this place for us to do business. It looks like Yamhill County will be opening up here and so will we, but only by appointment. If you’d like to make an appointment to taste with us, there will be a scheduler on our website next week, too. Look forward to seeing you all!

2017 Willamette Valley “Blue Label” Pinot Noir

This is a new twist on an old favorite. From the beginning it’s been our goal that the Willamette Valley bottling be recognized as our flagship wine, a pure expression of the vintage from which it came. This version is no different, we’ve just changed the name. Introducing “Blue Label”, our most recent Willamette Valley blend. For years we’ve been taking orders from you, restaurants and wine shops asking for “the blue label.” Well, we figured, why fight it. It is, in fact, the Blue Label and now it will bear that name. So, if, after you try this wine and you want more, just send me a note saying you’d like some more “Blue Label!”

If that doesn’t get you excited, maybe these notes on the wine will. 2017 was a banner year for us, more classic in its growing season and this wine reflects that. This wine is the Willamette Valley! On the nose there is the tell-tale Oregon Pinot funk. It’s an aroma profile we’ve all experienced but can never quite nail down. I love it. Period. Additionally, there’s a bit of forest floor and mushroom wedded with crushed strawberry and crisp cranberry, just simply a classic Oregon bouquet.

On the palate, you start to recognize how serious a wine this is. While it’s tight, the underlying nervy, electricity is obvious. The wine attacks the palate with tart cherry and bright mid-palate acidity. A touch of toast helps move the wine through allowing some grippy tannin to take hold. A spicy, earthiness develops toward the finish along with a sense of orange peel, stone and iron. This wine is very bright with classic Willamette Valley fruit up front and firm structure through the finish. If it sounds like I’m a fan of this wine, message delivered! Patience will be rewarded with the ’17 Blue Label, but if you must pull a cork, give it plenty of air and watch the evolution over an evening or a few days.

2018 Willamette Valley “En Noir Et Blanc”

Our continued experimentation with the different forms of Pinot Noir has yielded one of the single most crushable wines I’ve ever made. How about that for an introduction?! In 2017 we began working with Pinot Noir in white wine form and created our first White Pinot- a fascinating wine that continues to intrigue everyone who opens a bottle. Because we loved that wine so much, we attempted to recreate it in the subsequent vintage. Yet, as the wine evolved, we just were not finding those same intriguing qualities that we loved so much from the ’17. Well, like I tell Al all the time, a winemaker must be nimble and creative and the 2018 “En Noir Et Blanc” is a result of that quality.

Two barrels of La Chenaie Vineyard White Pinot were blended with one puncheon of Armstrong Vineyard Pommard Pinot Noir to create this wine. Once again, working with White Pinot has revealed another layer of the onion that is Pinot Noir. Not only is this wine fascinating in its nature but it is the definition of quaffable. I was explaining it to a friend the other day; you pour a glass of this wine and then come back half an hour later to find that you’ve already emptied the entire bottle. By yourself.

On the nose the wine bursts with citrus rind and ripe cherry. The stemmy nature of the 100% whole cluster fermented Armstrong Pommard is ever so prevalent. Bear with me on this, but it kind of smells like the early morning when there is heavy fog and dew. I know that’s a bit poetic, but I think we all know what that smells like.

The palate offers crunchy, bright cherry and fresh summer strawberry with an undeniable splash of grapefruit peel. For such a crisp wine, the finish is unbelievably long. The wine is fresh and pretty and oh-so-smooth with just a touch of grip. Under the fruit runs this line of minerality and river rock that I find absolutely captivating.