New York City, aka Manhattan and the boroughs BYO

Sister restaurants La Sirene and Ivo and Lulu on Broome Street are BYO only. They generally have very good food at entirely reasonable prices. No corkage. No reservations. Tiny space, great atmosphere. And within walking distance of Vestry Wines, if you find yourself needing a bottle.

Watty & Meg in Brooklyn: Very good food (much of it locally sourced and organic), excellent service, $10 corkage, great stems. I would definitely go back.

Thanks for all the information folks. This thread has been updated.

Next update mid-July.

I see Grand Sichuan ($10) isn’t listed yet. The smoked tea duck and red cooked port with chestnuts are wonderful matches for older reds.

And just a warning for Apiary. Great food, free corkage on Mondays, but the noise level is very high. I refuse to go back there at this point as I find it so unpleasant. Friends with a higher tolerance for volume still frequent it and I fully understand why.

I love the Apiary. It’s the only restaurant in NYC where I was not asked, politely, to keep my noise level down.

Corton allows no corkage BYO for 1 bottle ONLY for reservations after 9PM.

Well, it’s clear how this problem can be solved neener neener !

Last night Maialino, Danny Meyer’s great place in Gramercy Park Hotel, 13 bucks corkage.

Great New York Noodletown… And it is open ~20 hours per day. $0.00 corkage.

I’m looking for new additions to the list.

Lincoln Restaurant
$40 per Bottle. 3 bottle limit

I believe Aureole is still doing no corkage Mondays.

wow!

Went to Nook on Sat night. 50th & 9th
New York Menus - New York, NY Restaurants Guide - MenuPages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good food, BYOB is free, friendly staff. Place is tiny!
Glassware was ok.

hi steve
is this the benno restaurant?

Yes it is, Mark. Steve told me over the weekend that he had called.

hi diane
any word from friends yet? saw something on egullet but those guys are usually a bit over my head. i can’t wait to try it.

Yes Mark it is.

Maialino seems to have come to their senses… corkage is raised to $25. Had the Little Pig last night with a Betz Syrah… yum

Mishima
164 Lexington Ave # 1
New York, NY 10016-7326
(212) 532-9596
BYO $10 but call ahead to tell them

Excellent sushi, good service, good prices, I’ve had great experiences here.