New York City hotels

I live on the Hudson right across from nyc in NJ. A lot of people will get a hotel in Jersey city or weehawken and take the path train or ferry over. It’s a quick ride, and hotels are much cheaper

Of course, then you’d be in Jersey

1 Like

Omni Berkshire is my go to…great location on 52 street, prices more than reasonable, next to La Grenoiille… and included room service coffee!

Gone.

Omg!!! Bummer…a Covid casualty??

Yes. It used to be the unofficial rooming house for Credit Suisse First Boston.

In case you haven’t noticed, everyone from NY is moving to Jersey…so being in Jersey must not be all that bad? But what do I know I’ve only been here for nearly 20 years

Hi Jay- any recco’s for this idea ? Any Marriott properties ?

One popular option is the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City. It’s about a 30 second walk to the Exchange Place PATH train which takes you to the World Trade Center in about 5 minutes.

Plus you get the skyline view, the walk along the Hudson and some decent restaurants in the area. Unfortunately the truly superb nearby coffee shop was a covid casualty.

For Marriots there’s also the Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City which I never stayed in but is right above the Grove St. PATH station which takes you to either WTC or 33rd St. You don’t get the views but there’s an even larger selection of good restaurants within walking distance.

And the Courtyard by Marriot Newport is right near the Pavonia Newport PATH station.

1 Like

And where are all those on exodus from NJ moving to?

Carolinas, Florida, and Montana if you really want to get away. Some Florida real estate has been hot for years and continues so.

The house next to mine in NJ went up for sale yesterday afternoon. Over 1100 views on Zillow in less than a day. The last two houses that sold on my block had people buying with NY license plates. I would bet that I’m going to have neighbors from NY soon.

At this point Jersey City should be declared the official sixth borough of NYC. I’d be happy to trade it for Staten Island.

Sounds good and I’ll wait if I go that route (gets me closer to some of my preferred golf courses). It’s starting to cool down after the Covid euphoria, as sellers are now waiting much longer to get reasonable offers in NJ. There is now more supply than demand as NJ leads the nation in % of people moving-out than moving-in.

+1.

Not if it means we end up stuck with de Blasio as mayor

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

1 Like