Not even close…
Ceritas

TTT

Try these from Walla Walla:
Long Shadows
Walla Walla Vintners
Rulo
Va Piano

Great wines that won’t break the bank like some of the wines listed here. They are not board darlings but great wines nonetheless.

Wow, not cool to pimp your own wine as “the next big thing”. [berserker.gif]

Do we actually get to buy their wines, or just read about them? neener

(All in jest obviously - I had the chance to try a few of Jim’s barrel samples last summer, and the wines were terrific. Excited to be on the list, and can’t wait until one is eventually released.)

Me too. I’ve been bugging Jim for a year or two about the release date. Hopefully soon. From reading his tasting notes I’m sure I’m going to like the wines he makes.
BD

Yes I represent them, and am friends with John, but if you like BDX blends I would suggest J. Bookwalter in Washington. Starting with the 2008’s, and Claude Gros participation as consultant he is making some great wines with better balance, integration and depth, and small production. Plus the prices are still reasonable.

Thank you Alan. Both excellent recommendations and in line with what I was looking for.

Sanguis

Folks, be realistic and fair here, and don’t pimp your own wines (or those you are associated with) on this thread, or any other, without a suitable disclaimer. That’s pretty poor taste.

[popcorn.gif]

+1. Every bottle I open stuns me. They are now on the list of lists I won’t ever leave. From what I hear they are in the process of adding both new Chard & Pinot vineyards to their already impressive profile.

For Syrah the Las Madres Vineyard especially Myriad’s whole cluster TN: 2009 Quivet Cellars Syrah Las Madres Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, Carneros) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers.

Tablas Creek is another great producer plus they have the production to be available beyond the initial release.

Well…I guess I’d cut ole Russell some slack on this one. I’ve…uhhhhh…errrrrr…followed Russell from the very start…back when he was shilling drugs (the legal kind)
and wearing a toga…up in Minnesota. I suspect he didn’t even give it a second thought when he recced the Morgado. It’s not like he was shilling BevanCllrs…that
association was clearly stated. And I’m not quite exactly sure what his exact association w/ Morgado is…full time winemaker, consulting winemaker, winemaker in name only,
way on the periphery, or just what. But when he made that rec for the Morgado Pinot…I would believe it was a genuine rec on his part and not a shill-job. I seriously doubt he’ll get any $$ benefit
from that rec. Russell always speaks from his heart and the last person I’d accuse of shilling.
Full disclaimer: I like Russell’s wines but they are too expensive for my taste, and I don’t much like Cabernets, and I think he looks silly in a toga.
Tom

Friends,

I got an email asking me if I had any attachment to the winery I recommended previously. Let me be clear, I do not. It is a former intern, but she made this wine on her own and I have no $$ or time involved with the project.

I have never pimped any of my projects on a public forum. I just know how good this wine is, the attention to detail put into it and how dedicated the winemaker was.

All the best,
Russell
Bevan Cellars

I’d add Gramercy Cellars up there. I’m loving what they’re doing with their Rhone varietal bottlings, but I also think they’re getting consistently better each and every year.

When, exactly, did the word “pimp” transition from a noun to a verb?

Jay,

I am pretty sure Snoop Dog and Lil Wayne had something to do with it.

All the best,
Russell Bevan
Bevan Cellars

It was meant to be a rhetorical question, Tex, but I think this is an interesting discussion: A brief history of the verb to pimp.

I took the bait and signed up for the mailing list. Looks like you can still order 2009 Ritchie Chard for $48