Next Rafanelli mailing

Tom, I have enjoyed a 6 pk of the 09,with no signs of Bret.

The 2010 is resting in my cellar. I have never experienced Bret with this winery,
My question is , pardon my ignorance since I do not put credence in WS, who is this Tim fish,

My suggestion to you is to try the wine yourself, and forget about the tweets.

Thanks Joe, Tim Fish reviews CA Zin for the WS and I think he has a really good palate. I have most recently been drinking the 04-06 Zins but like you suggested will open an 09 soon and see for myself.

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee

1 Like

Absolutely love Rafanelli! I have never had a hard time with them but have heard many stories from other people who had. About two years ago they hired a very nice woman outside of the the family Katcha(sp?) to do most of the tastings. I have tasted with her Dave and Shelly and never had a bad experience. Yes you are limited to how much bottles you can purchase, but head out to Dry Creek Passport Weekend and you can buy a few cases. I can understand why people feel slighted but the Rafanelli’s have not jacked production through the roof in sacrifice of quality making the wines harder to get. BTW their Merlot which is heir smallest production wine and my favorite can all mot always be had at Dry Creek Kitchen if you are in Healdsburg.

I have been to rafenelli twice and they have always been friendly. In 1994 Dave took our group on a tour of the winery and barrel room-pretty basic. I am not on their list but have had their wines in restaurants(and what we bought at the winery). There wines are of high quality