NFT Restaurant

Floor for the regular is currently about 5.5 ETH which is higher than the mint price tomorrow for Omakase. The public sale ought to be interesting. FWIW I’m not trying to purchase one, I just find the concept intriguing.

Yes, a remarkable innovation according to GV.
Now what would you pay for a token at Rao’s?

He mentions that you’re buying into the future, I can see them just adding rooms so to remain exclusive you just have to keep buying the next level NFT every couple of years. Who wants to only have the base level NFT access, I’d be embarrassed to be stuck in the main restaurant. :slight_smile:

There’s an episode of Frazier where they are infatuated at a spa that pulls this psychological trick. You always have to know what’s behind the closed door, it must be so much better than where you are at the moment. I wonder if the people going to Omakase can be seen walking past and into their exclusive access?

It’s an interesting concept that mirror’s Rao’s exclusive accessibility. At a basic level, it is crowd funding. They will raise a lot of capital tomorrow in exchange for access later on. I believe there is only about 1100-1200 tokens available for the regular dining. You are able to reserve a table up to 8. You have now created an exclusive dining experience with at minimum getting the chance to meet Gary. I would imagine he gave some pre-sale tokens to some celebrity friends. Some people will want to go just because it’s exclusive or to be seen there amongst famous people. The NFT in itself is art. The utility aspect allows for you to lease it which adds a layer to the Rao’s model. At the end, the restaurant continues to make money from all the transactions related to buying, selling, and leasing—all without ever cooking a meal. The technology allows for a lot of this to carry on in the background without over-site. I think Gary being involved is him putting his name on the line and the group will do everything they can to make this a success.

This one line just about sums up the whole enterprise. So much hot air about the “technology”, which involves much planet-burning complexity to put a thin veneer of decentralization over what is effectively ticketmaster. Not really a single word about the actual restaurant itself, which ostensibly exists to serve some form of food, or something. But there sure is a lot of hoping and dreaming and hyping and scheming about how to find a Greater Fool to sell this asset to next.

When the ticket itself is more exciting than the event, perhaps that should give some cause for reflection.

The NFT in itself is art.

Please tell me this is satire.

1 Like

I enjoyed this tweet yesterday.
F0825CA8-15C7-4DDD-A555-9AEB2F012DFA.jpeg

All the FFC tokens sold in about two minutes today. Will be interesting to see what happens to the floor price in coming days.

1 Like

We had an eerily prescient thing happen in Las Vegas several years back.

A local restaurant called Rosemary’s become quite popular. They sold gobs of gift certificates (redeemable for future meals, etc.) and even got a hook up selling their NFCs (Non Fungible Cetificates) via Costco.

One day, they looked at all the money they had collected and realized the real profit would be in shutting down and calling the certificates, themselves, ‘works of art.’

1 Like

Where is the market?

Haha yes and no. At the most basic level, whatever image they use is actually art. From a collectibles standpoint, absolutely not. The value is the utility and the access. The market will dictate as beauty is in the eye of the wallet holder :wink:

https://opensea.io/collection/flyfish-club

Currently the floor price is 4.1 ETH. If you caught one at mint it was 2.5 ETH.

Who’s the chef?