No A/C = Wine Rescue

I had a case of wine get over heated last year and had major leakage. It was my fault. I had brought them home and set them next to a heater vent. Anyways, I drank some of these a year later and they were still ok. A bit advanced tasting because they had lost some of the fresh fruit but were still super tasty.

The house got up to 88, maybe 89. I had a wine preserver in a bottle on the kitchen counter and it read 86.7 I think. All the wine was cased up and out of the house by 8pm that evening. Fortunately, much of that wine was daily drinkers with a few purchased in the last 4 months meant for cellaring. I don’t think I’ll have any issues but will mark those bottles that got over heated so I can keep track of them.

Wow…sorry to hear about the A/C problem. Washington State??? You guys must be having a major heat wave! Are you living in an older home (without insulation)?

Colin

It’s actually rather simple: (90 degree temps) * (inop A/C + adequate insulation) = HOT. Good thing is, the wine is safe! I’m sure the local HVAC company will have my A/C repaired right about when the temps get back in the 70’s.

Unless it is an older Rayas. Had leakers from '85 and '89 that leaked early on, but every one was fantastic. But in this case, I’d drink it up like Ken and others have said. What struck me though, is that if the 3L leaked, then the 750s would have had even more heat damage during that time frame, no?