No more postcards from Manfred & Elaine...

They weren’t greater than a bill 5 years ago. In fact they were a screaming deal IMHO

Are people getting added to the list due to production going up or due to people dropping off the list, or some combination of both?

If more production, where are the extra grapes coming from?

Well they planted their own vineyards which they have been using for several vintages now, and as before they still purchase some fruit.

BTW, shortly before I was added to the list they did a survey and asked people what they would order. I replied 6+3/Syrah+Grenache. That is exactly what I have been offered each time. Add in the fact that they do a long age release, plus whites and stickies, and it is a lot of juice. It’s not cheap from the winery, and the aftermarket is silly. But despite my AFWE palate I rather love these.

This is hilarious Russ.

Mel - work with me here. You were willing to wait 5+ years to get an offer for the privilege to purchase wine > $100/btl? Why? newhere

Jeff – Can’t say for sure (I’m a little less “structured” that Eric) but I’d say I received either 4 or 5 of the annual postcards.

Eric – I don’t remember filling out a survey and my first offer is the same: 6+3/Syrah+Granache.

Dave,

I think I must be 1 post card or so behind you. Sent an email to them today to ask when I signed up I opened and to see how close I was to making the list. I had the 2005 17th nail in the head syrah for our 5th anniversary in June (down in the cities) and it was absolutely stunning. One of the best wines I’ve ever had. Really looking forward to when I make the list and can try more of them.

Cheers,

Jef

I now have 12 postcards…

I just looked into my email file — I got on the list 8/7/2006.
So I have another decade or so [beg.gif]

But I do have a nice collection of postcards.

I can’t speak for mel, but I know I held my breath the entire 5 year wait and restricted myself from buying other wines and fasted most of the time as well.

You send an email and then if/when you get an offer, you decide what to do when the time comes. What’s the big whoop? No life decisions were changed. No karma was lost. No out of pocket expense. Methinks you are over-thinking this greatly.

I must be the only one in the “both” camp. Got the offer and the rejection on the same day. Went from [thankyou.gif] to [beg.gif] in 6 seconds. Decided Im only paying attention to 1, flipped a coin and sent my check in overnight express [winner.gif]
Might have made the heads call just a bit late though [bye.gif]