North-Central NJ

So I have as a running tally for a North Jersey night the following Berserkers who are coming:

@TGigante
@ericdinn
@alexnicholas
@Gil_Bauer
@Bryan_B
@mhgreen
@Ian_Dorin

Again, venue is La Pergola in Millburn. Monday July 22 at 6 p.m. (I am open to it being a later if people prefer).

For those listed above, please let me know if you cannot make it. For anyone else who wants to join, please let me know.

Concerning the “theme” for the evening, and based on the responses, what I would suggest is that the criteria is that everyone bring a bottle that is at least $70.

My prior suggestion of a theme - Bordeaux blends (including from other regions) - did not raise the roof, so it is now retracted.

I know there are some Nebbiolo fans here, and I count myself among them and think a Nebbiolo night would be fun, but unless there is a groundswell of support for that, maybe we should just keep it “open” as I do not want to alienate others who may want to attend but are not Nebbiolo drinkers.

Let’s get ready to raise a glass…

2 Likes

I’d absolutely be up for a Nebbiolo night!

Leaving me out? :rofl:

Apologies for my deficient admin skills

1 Like

I was just being funny. Thanks for organizing this!

What’s everyone bringing?

Definitely going to bring Italian.

Also, I have an 8th guy- Jason Cahn. He’s not on the board, but local and looking for more opps to meet collectors. He’s available!

I’ve been trying to do that for years. :rofl:

1 Like

Ian, your friend is, of course, welcome to attend. I have not determined what wine I will bring. Because people seem to be Nebbiolo fans, I will probably bring a Barolo. One with a little age on it. I will also probably bring a white, given that it is summer, after all. Yourself?

Count me in. I’ll try and make this. Will look at some options but probably some bubbles and a barolo or barbaresco.
Best regards,
Brian

All in for Barolo if you are!

1 Like

Barolo sounds great to me

1 Like

It doesn’t seem very blind to me if all of you say that you are bringing Barolo. FWIW, after over a decade of “Leo’s Blind,” I am happy not to do blind (or to do blind, whichever the OP prefers). I do not have any appropriate Barolo (too young or not good enough) – but if we include a broader theme, I have plenty of stuff with some age that I think people will enjoy.

What if we go with prominent Italian producers?

Looking forward to seeing you! Been way too long!

Upon further review, I believe I have a Barolo that will work. Looking forward to seeing you, too. And I think it’s been even longer since I’ve seen Alex Nicholas.

1 Like

It’s been too long Gil - looking forward to it.

1 Like

Sorry I’m late to the party.
I would love to meet up at La Pergola. Agron is great guy.
I have plenty of Barolo and Barbaresco to offer.

All right, so the current situation is this…

Monday, July 22 at 6 p.m. at La Pergola in Millburn.

Everyone brings a nice bottle that costs at least $70. We have developed a Nebbiolo theme, so if you like Nebbiolo you should bring that, but no one is “required” to.

The current attendee list is:

@ericdinn
@Ian_Dorin
@alexnicholas
@TGigante
@Gil_Bauer
@Bryan_B
@mhgreen
@B_Caputo
@Victor_M

Jason Cahn - guest of Ian Darin

Please let me know if anyone will not be joining us.

Look forward to raising a glass with everyone!

1 Like

I’ve got 2 to bring (given the size of the crowd)

1999 Giacosa Rocche del Falletto
2006 Fratelli Alessandria Monvigliero

Tried to go for a classic, and one of the hotter producers out there.

Jason is going to bring an Oddero or Cavallotto.

Here are some choices.

1998 Giacosa Barolo Rocche del Falletto
1996 Giacosa Barbaresco Gallina
1997 Giacosa Barbaresco Rabaja
2005 Giacosa Barbaresco Asili
2004 Roagna Barbaresco Montefico