NY Metro Area members - Berserkers dinner (Rescheduled)

No prob. Next one.

So you’re the new Brad Coelho?

I have the perfect box of wine picked out for you guys…

Guys, can you waitlist me pls

Can we trade 1 Jorge for 1 Leo? Leo brings more (and better) wines. [wow.gif]

I would as well if my wife were ITB. Speaking of better wines, are you actually bringing something drinkable or are you dumping your old undrinkable crap on this poor unassuming group cough cough New Year’s Eve 07 cough cough?

Nah, I save all my old undrinkable crap for when you come over. [gheyfight.gif]

Sigh, yeah…I know. [cray.gif]

So, anyone volunteering wines? We’re a bit over a week away.

I can bring some New World Pinot (AP Vin to be exact, though I have to be sure I still have some). Or of course some French goodies. [drinks.gif]

Michel - I didn’t know you owned any New World Pinot!! [bye2.gif]

He lost a bet

He doesn’t Cheryl. Those are bottles he got as gifts which he passes along. Such a generous fellow that one. [beatoff.gif]

Actually no, I was on AP Vin’s list for a few years and liked Andrew’s wines. I’ve just had to reallocate my dwindling finances to handle my increasing European wine collection. [help.gif]

Fine fine fine. So what ARE you bringing?

I’m thinking of a Monterey Gewurztraminer to start (on a recommendation from Linda Baehr) and still debating on the red. Maybe a Ridge Zin? Any requests/suggestions?

jorge, ridge sounds great to me. i just tasted through some of their new releases at a USQ tasting, and they were nice - would love to see how they taste with some age on them.

i’ve got a nice rare single vineyard Torbreck shiraz i could offer up - 06 The Celts, sold only at the winery. picked it up when visiting the barossa last year, scored it 92 at the time.

or, if people are aussie-phobic, i could dig through my bdx, but i’m a bit worried that what i’ve got is mostly closed right now. i could source a carlisle two acres (not sure what year the store has) too if people prefer that.

Alan,

Unfortunately my Ridges are on the young side. I do have an 11 year old Petaluma Shiraz if anyone is interested in that. Also a couple of 95 Bordeaux. As for Carlisle, I really haven’t had many, so it’s always a treat.

I have an 06 Two Acres which is too young to open, but could bring an 04 and 05 Carlisle Zin., if anyone is interested.

Oh sorry, Jorge, I didn’t mean to imply that your Ridge had to have age on it - just that I’d be interested to see what the wines I tasted last week will turn into. I’m good with anything.

I’m happy to get the Carlisle if other folks prefer that to the Torbreck. Or what 95 Bordeaux are you thinking of? I might have an 01 or 03 Bordeaux that might be fun to compare.

Cheryl,

Either of the Carlisles sound great. Your choice.

Alan,

I have 95 d’Armailhac & Beychevelle. I’m happy with Torbreck as well. What are the Bordeaux you have? I leave it up to you.

Hey Jorge,

The most comparable bdx I have is probably 01 Pontet Canet… which might not be really ready yet. But I can be persuaded to open it if a little bdx showdown is to everyone’s liking. [cheers.gif]

I’ll also be going by the store that has Carlisle Two Acres today, so I can get a look at what vintage they’ve got. Happy to open the Torbreck too, so what does everyone else think?