nyc outdoor dining

Im not sure about the restaurant requirements if you eat in a restaurant outdoor but semi enclosed space versus the restaurant proper—if vax cards are required or not.

So many restaurants have outdoor seating it’s hard to narrow it down. It’s almost the norm. I’d pick your fav restaurant then inquire if they have outdoor seating—it’s so plentiful it’s easier than just starting to name places right and left. Be sure the restaurant will seat you without them having documentation even in outdoor settings because some are enclosed (cabins with doors etc).

Do not have your Last Meal at other than your favorite restaurant.

Restaurants in NYC are freaking out, over 15 that I know of have had COVID breakouts this week. I would be super careful. Most of the “outdoor” spaces are simply enclosed spaces to add more capacity and not to create a safe dining experience.

Not to mention major COVID breakouts at Jefferies (they sent everyone home), Morgan Stanley and Goldman.

thanks robert
been reading plenty about the current problems and have advised the friends the city won’t be happening this time around.
looks like a ride east instead of west
as to the problems, i’ve heard marea is really screwed. i was planning on a long lunch there over the holidays.
anyone know any more about it?

Places like that are WAY above my tip-jar pay grade.

My dear friend and I opened a cheap 1994 Sonoma merlot at Eighth Street Wine Cellar, last night, while sitting at a fully open-air table. Perfect outdoor light-dining venue. Corkage was just $20. Representative of the vintage, the wine was richly but elegantly on point, pairing excellently with a meal of vegetarian bruschetta.
Our wait-person, despite a moment of grief from a sidewalk bystander, was very attentive and welcoming. We left a 100% tip, in gratitude.

nice story victor
those people deserve hazard pay [cheers.gif]

Especially when facing off against me.

i saw you plenty of times back at the old usc
seemed pretty tame to me!

No bark, all bite.

Covid is spreading through NYC like wild fire. Restaurants are closing on an hourly basis. I know more people who have gotten Covid in the last week than at any time during a similar period since the pandemic started.

There was a big industry tasting this week that is turning out to be super spreader event.

I say this to highlight how important it is to be safe.

1 Like

Off topic for this thread, but same is starting to happen in ATL. Three of my faves on IG last night/this morning with positives across their fully vaxxed staff leading to closings.

Just heard the same from LA.

It’s even happening in Australia which has historically had single digit cases is now almost 600 spike.

A close friend just got a job promotion, to Managing Director. We celebrated by sitting on a park bench…ironically, the same thing which one would do if jobless.

I think more restaurants are closed this weekend than open.

Christmas market is still open tho.

Visit at your own risk. NYC set record for pos Covid tests today.

SantaCon was apparently a big super-spreader event. The bars were packed inside, based on sidewalk crowds. Drunks had trouble keeping on their masks, and speaking without spraying.