NYC restaurants that wont break the bank...

Dhaba Indian buffet
Thai Son Vietnamese
Som Tum Der Thai
Great ny noodle town
Eisenberg deli
Celeste Italian uws
Shanghai cafe deluxe
Dallas BBQ
Totto ramen

Marta is A+++++. You get the fine dining experience in both ambiance and service, dishes are low cost and sub-$50 wine selection is superb.

[snort.gif]

I’d rather eat cat.

At my shop, you likely did.

Say hello on your next visit; you will get free corkage.

I have local friends who rave about Taïm for lunch, though I have never been.

I’ll share our favorite ramen place - Misoya on 2nd avenue, 1.5 blocks south of St. Marks. We usually get either the Hokkaido style Charshu ramen or the Tokyo style ramen.

I usually add a topping of karaage. Arnold gets extra noodles (inexplicably to me).

Been there a lot lately loving me some flowering chives w/beef, wonton noodle soup then duck chow fun… sigh. Haven’t brought wine yet though.

Taim is amazing and very cheap. But it’s not waiter service. You order at the counter and find an a seat at a table or stool by the wall to eat your falafel (which is delicious). So if you don’t care about the ambiance and service, this should be on your list.

Permanently closed (non payment of taxes).

Cancelled a few times before, but finally made our way to Porsena for dinner last weekend. Pasta dishes were very good. Casual with nice overall service. Agreed on quoted $35 per bottle corkage on our 1964 Produttori, but ymmv that evening and we were happy with the outcome.

Looking forward to going back for more pasta.

http://www.porsena.com/

Cheche Midi closed. Dead as a door nail.