Odd email from Aeris Wines re:2015

Can you use “Etna” in the name? Since there is the real Etna DOC, is the name protected?

The wine is from the Etna DOC.

-Al

I thought Aeris was declassified Rhys or other CA grapes he bought. Does he have vineyards in Sicily??

Alesia is now declassified Rhys (used to be purchased grapes). They have a partnership with Salvo Foti in Sicily, have planted their own vineyards, and these Aeris Etna Carricante wines were made with purchased fruit from one of the top vineyards in Milo.

-Al

David, as Al stated, the wine is from Etna DOC and is not comprised of California fruit.

As an aside, I very much enjoyed a 2014 last night. It was fresh and lively and showed no hint of oxidation.

Thanks Al. I love all things Etna so I’ll give it a try.

Well handled by Kevin and team, but the original note should have, pro-forma, offered the option of a refund vs a bottle of the 2016.

Dan Kravitz

I believe it effectively offers that option in the last three sentences, although I agree it does not offer it explicitly. But, I’m pretty sure that anyone who contacts them with that request will have it granted.

-Al

Kudos to Kevin for getting on here and discussing this. Not a ‘fun’ conversation to have, but great to be around to explain why they are doing what they are doing . . .

Cheers.

As would I. This winery was a darling here for a while. Bought 3 bottles of 2014. I was good 2 were advanced so I just decided to never buy their wine again. Too much wine, too little time. [stirthepothal.gif]