Official Dryuary (Dry January) 2021 Thread

5 down, 26 to go.

Not drinking wine is a piece of cake, but the whole no bread/chips/fries thing is annoying. I haven’t felt “full” all day. Hopefully my dadbod will get used to it.

As a lifelong piano player, tonight’s “five” song is from a personal all-timer. I saw Dave Brubeck once, at a small college in Indiana, ca. 1985. His son, Chris, was touring with him on trombone. Midway through the show, the band played a couple three songs of new material. When they finished, a man stood up and actually heckled the band! Something along the lines of “play some ‘real’ jazz.” The stunned audience briefly gasped, then hectored the man into submission. Good times.

Vom Boden is doing “Off-Dry January”. Does that count? ;D

Excellent marketing!

Also, nein.

We’re in too. Excited about the month, no carbs, lots of exercise, no alcohol. Have done this a few times before, but lacking commitment we usually made it between 2 and 3 weeks. If you don’t see me posting here - then we slipped. Good luck everyone!

I like your taste in music King Crimson and Dave Brubeck. Saw them both. King Crimson just last year. I started my dry January on Monday.

1 Like

To make it easier, I avoid going out for fine dining as it’s sacrilege to not accompany with good vino. Easier with the pandemic.
For me, not having the second or third glass is harder than not having the 1st. Miss it most when I’m cooking dinner.
Scheduled my annual physical for Feb 15, so I’ll also go easy in early February. Like cleaning up b4 the maid arrives.

In for the month — last year went from the hospital check in until our baby was 6 weeks old. Probably the easiest time ever to not have booze (too tired to enjoy!)

This year will be a bit harder, but not being able to dine out or in with friends… no booze it is!

Running 200 miles for charity on the month to fundraise for a couple of DC charities that help homeless families! Up to $2000 so far, and am at 47 miles as of 1/6. Send a PM if you want to pitch in!

Day 6 - I’ve already picked out the bottles and meal I’ll use as my first drinking day. Probably not a good sign…

I may not make it past today.

1 Like

Alfert lasted 2 days…

Can I take today off?

*asshole

technically it was one day; well, I was hungover dry on 1/1

A89C8271-92C4-4EA3-94E9-7804177CD132.jpeg

I must admit, I was wondering how many would fall after today’s events :smiley:

Keep the faith, folks! Go take a nice walk in the woods. Enjoy the trees, the fresh air, the hallucinogenic mushrooms…

Oh it wasn’t an easy two days! he was hemming and hawing, and machinating like Gollum trying to get his precious back!

[winner.gif] [winner.gif]

Alfert officially sanctions, and applauds, this request.

champagne.gif

Maybe a gummy. It’s only 10 calories.

Oh cool, so 10 is only 100.

They’re wafer-thin.