Offline in San Francisco (July 23)

Sounds great! I’ll go stand it up

Not set on Bordeaux as a theme but selfishly would be v happy to experience any of those

Would be lovely to meet up again, Rich. Perhaps the next one [cheers.gif]

Hmm, I was thinking of bringing 2001 texier Cote Rotie +CdP - lovely and different. But if there’s a pref for continuing the 89-90 right bank maybe a 1990 Figeac instead.

Let’s do the Texier, I’ve never tried any before

Sounds good!

Funnily enough I was also debating between a red from Friuli or the 1990 Figeac… will probably also go with the former!

[scratch.gif]

Two people have 1990 Figeac and nobody wants to drink it?

Let’s stick with the Figeac to preserve some semblance of theme [cheers.gif]

Fair enough.

1 Like

Please add me to the waitlist, hope to meet y’all at some point at this event or future ones!

1 Like

We’ll probably bring one white/sparkling and one red, but could do 2 reds if that makes more sense…

For reds, I have very little Bordeaux but I could offer a 1985 Magdelaine to go with the theme.
Other options are 1989 Olga Raffault Chinon, 1998 Guy Bernard Cote-Rotie, or 1999 Clusel-Roch Cote-Rotie.

For whites, I’m thinking 2012 Fevre Preuses, 1996 Ampeau Meursault Perrieres, or 2001 Trimbach CFE.

Any thoughts?

They all sound delicious to me but I’ll leave it to others to comment on the reds. On the whites, if you bring the Ampeau I’ll bring 1996 Verget Bougros so we can play premox roulette
champagne.gif

My friend Howard is proposing to bring 1970 Pape Clement.

Lovely!

Let’s do it!

I also have a 1996 Bouchard Meursault Genevrières if you really want to try your luck :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve narrowed mine down to three bottles:

1. 2006 VCC - to have alongside the 1989 and 1990 bottles being brought by Yao and Craig (assuming that’s still the plan)
  2. 1996 Pichon Baron
  3. 1982 Rausan Segla

Let me know if any preferences! I’m going to pick one and stand it up today.

Recent bottle of '96 Ampeau Meursault Charmes was definitely still alive though maybe slightly tired. Bouchard sounds interesting!

Probably the '90 Figeac and '86 Gruaud Larose from me, unless I find something compelling in storage tomorrow.

It is :slight_smile:

Bottle logistics: Is everyone double decanting ahead of time? Bringing decanters or no?

Yes to double decanting. Will also pop the cork on the white to check for soundness